+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Curious for rogue top melee and ranged DPS

Soulwalker

Default Curious for rogue top melee and ranged DPS

Few of my guildies told me that physical crit is good after you cap Crit Power. Is that true?
    im almost hard capped on Physical crit..i crit 40%-50% of the time. Is that bad with 636CP even tho im trying to get more CP?
    I play Ranger (spec1) Assassin (Spec2) Nightblade(Spec3) sometimes i bard to but im look for a player who can detail why CP is before Physical Crit
    -Cry@Seastone

Quote Originally Posted by Cryazice View Post
    Few of my guildies told me that physical crit is good after you cap Crit Power.
    If youre guildies told you that they are either trolling you or they are just. Yeah.
    Anyway, dont stack Phys crit

Once you cap CP you can go into phys crit if you want, depending on how much AP you has :3
    im almost hard capped on Physical crit..
    Exactly how much Phys crit do you have?

why CP is before Physical Crit
    im not gonna do into detail. So lets just go with this. Phys crit bad. Crit power good.
    Last edited by Maltie; 08-24-2014 at 04:15 PM.

You never want to go above 1400 CP. Which means you need 1194 CP if you have a greater essence that provide 103 CP buff.
    You gain 60 CP from banner and 43 CP from feast.
    For PvP, go for 1254 CP because you don't have the banner in PvP (Unless a weirdo use it).
    Add 15 CP if you only have the 88 CP greater essence.
    Add another 88 CP (+ the 15 CP from above line) if you don't have any greater essence that provide the CP buff.

This being said, as for physical crit, just avoid it entirely. After you reach the required number for CP (See above), you want to stack AP. There is no cap on AP so just go ahead and keep stacking it.

With talents, buffs and debuffs that increase critical chances, even with 0 physical crit from gear, nearly every soul got around 40%+ crit chance.

The reasoning behind, CP > AP >*Physical crit is simple...
    1. CP provide the highest damage increased until it reach the hard cap, at which point it provide 0 benefit.
    2. AP provide the second highest damage increased and got no cap.
    3. Physical crit is plain bad and provide the less damage increased. Even at capped CP.
    Last edited by Snap; 08-26-2014 at 03:42 AM.
    Cheesecakesandwich - Mage 70 | Wrecking - Warrior 70
    Italiansausage - Cleric 70 | Snaplemouton - Rogue 67
    Primalsandwich - Primalist 70
    I'm a grand connoisseur of the most delicate dish known as the poutine.

As for avoiding phys crit entirely, thats not 100% true. There are several tier 3 items that have phys crit values on them so hight that they surpass the AP versions. (Considering you are CP capped at that time).

Quote Originally Posted by Nasacrim View Post
    As for avoiding phys crit entirely, thats not 100% true. There are several tier 3 items that have phys crit values on them so hight that they surpass the AP versions. (Considering you are CP capped at that time).
    Arn't those same items extra low on some other stats tho? Like those T3 items with less endurance than T2 items?
    Last edited by Snap; 08-26-2014 at 08:43 PM.
    Cheesecakesandwich - Mage 70 | Wrecking - Warrior 70
    Italiansausage - Cleric 70 | Snaplemouton - Rogue 67
    Primalsandwich - Primalist 70
    I'm a grand connoisseur of the most delicate dish known as the poutine.

or be good at the game and not need .03 % more damage to kill stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Snap View Post
    Arn't those same items extra low on some other stats tho? Like those T3 items with less endurance than T2 items?
    For example, the belt has like either 38 AP or 134 phys crit, and stuff like that. If you assume the phys crit scaling at cp cap as 0.5, which is even more in some specs, the crit version is superior. The phys crit has 5 less endurance, and something like 5 less str and dex.
    This happens for several items.
    Last edited by Nasacrim; 08-27-2014 at 02:32 AM.

Ascendant

There is no way you are even ballpark of the crit hard cap, given that the ratio makes it absurdly hard to even reach the soft cap.

Rift Master

Quote Originally Posted by Snap View Post
    Most of the T3 items have ridiculously low END compared to T2 items. In chocolate rift, non-tanking items had significantly less END than other primary stats. In SL, for level 51+ items, they added more END so people felt that their health pools actually grew as they leveled. However, with T3, they mostly took the original items from the appropriate instances, and multiplied the stats, leading to a wide margin between END and other stats again.

+ Reply to Thread