+ Reply to Thread

Thread: which class? (endgame pve)

Soulwalker

Default which class? (endgame pve)

Hi,

So, I'm trying to decide what calling to focus on. I've leveled all except rogue (lvl 10 still) to about 20 or so, but still struggle to decide. I'm considering mainly endgame pve atm.

I love tanking, and have also played a lot of melee dps, but I'm planning on switching to ranged dps or/and healing for a change of pace. I will definitely still tank at times, especially in dungeons, but it's less of a concern atm.

Looking for a calling that:
    - uses primarily instant casts / channels
    - is preferably not pet reliant (unless they are very easily managed or revived in raids)
    - has preemptive rather than reactive healing.
    - a fair bit of direct damage / burst, at least for trash. Dots are perfectly fine for bosses.

Suggestions with storm legion / dream souls are welcome too. I don't have them quite yet, but pretty sure I'm getting them soon.

Thanks!

From what you're said you're interested in I would recommend either the cleric or rogue calling. All tanks are viable endgame so no worries there.

Rogue dps is almost exclusively instant cast abilities while clerics melee is all instant cast with their ranged using a mix of instant cast, channeled, and a few hard casted abilities.

The real reason I selected these callings is your healing criteria. Neither warrior or mage healers have anything significant in the way of shielding. Clerics have the purifier which is very heavily oriented towards shields and rogues have physician which is a decent mix of shielding and healing. Both healing souls are tank healers.

Something to keep in mind is that the physician soul (Rogue healer) is part of the dream soul pack.

- uses primarily instant casts / channels
    - is preferably not pet reliant (unless they are very easily managed or revived in raids)
    - has preemptive rather than reactive healing.
    - a fair bit of direct damage / burst, at least for trash. Dots are perfectly fine for bosses.

I'm going directly off the above things.

I think purifier best fits your description for #1 and #3. Its all about preemtive healing and knowing whats coming.

For DPS, shaman is very bursty fun, and so is cabalist for dungeons. For bosses a lot of clerics play inquisitor, which is like a combo dot spec and burst spec. Also the only pet spec is druid, which is more for open world pve, some added utility in raids if need, or small group support, but its the least used in end game pve out of all the dps specs for cleric so you wont have to worry about mastering that one.

So magic 8 ball says: Cleric.

The reason I avoided rogue is because its top ranged DPS spec is a pet spec. And if it dies your DPS does drop a lot. I felt cleric is the one that most appropriately addressed the above 4 bullet points. Just my opinion though!
    Xenohart
    http://www.fractureguild.enjin.com/ | twitch.tv/xenohartgaming
    4/4 TDQ | 4/4 FT | 5/5 EE | 4/4 GA | 3/3 IG | 4/5 PB | 2/4 BOB 4/4 minis
    I just make it look easy sometimes. ~Daglar

Soulwalker

I've heard that when you need to make a decision, it's a good idea to toss a coin. But rather than caring what it shows, focus on what you wish it will show while it's still in the air!

I think this thread served that purpose for me, after posting it I realized I wanted the answer to be mage, cause I'm... intrigued by it. Will try it some more and see if I find a playstyle that suits me.

Thanks for your comments!

As much as you hoped for a 'mage' suggestion, cleric does answer all your criteria. Not to mention it is free (no soul pack required).

But overall, every calling is viable, so it is all about preferred playstyle.
    Running Experts by moonlight.

Eudial <Anarchy> - 65 Eth Mage @Wolfsbane

+ Reply to Thread