+ Reply to Thread

Thread: All-around Solo PvE ranged options?

Soulwalker

Default All-around Solo PvE ranged options?

I'm back after a long hiatus and I'm just looking for some very casual solo PvE play when I have time here and there, and for my first venture, I don't want to waste all of my time theorycrafting.

To get used to the game, I'd like to try out a very varied class - middle-of-the-road in most regards. I prefer to be a jack of all trades even if it's a master of none. Things I'm looking for:

* Ranged
    * Self-healing (drain is great)
    * Low-worry (survivable)
    * Low Downtime
    * Pet is a plus (not required)
    * Good/fun solo utility and variety (more than bash bash heal bash bash heal)
    * Lazy and cheap leveling build - don't care about endgame

I particularly love dot-tabbing and maintained HoTs. But if there's a mage class for that, it has to be low-stress in an aggro-grabbing solo situation, if that makes sense. I usually prefer clerics, and the faerie-healer pet looks great for me, but is there a ranged + faerie option? Other than that, I'm betting necro with lots of drain? Give me other nifty ideas, please! (Or tell me how to do either of those right )

Shield of Telara

defiler or druid would be good (cleric)

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Attillaa View Post
    defiler or druid would be good (cleric)
    Isn't druid melee? I remember loving the fae idea but finding the druid melee to be intolerably boring/repetitive.

Or can I go defiler spells + druid pet? Or something...

Shield of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Xodarap777 View Post
    Isn't druid melee? I remember loving the fae idea but finding the druid melee to be intolerably boring/repetitive.

Or can I go defiler spells + druid pet? Or something...
    Yes, druid is melee. No idea about defiler/druid hybrid.

Soulwalker

Inq + Druid pets? DoTs, HoTs, Drains - is the damage okay / do the pets work with minimal class investment? (Again, solo PvE)

Druid can range a little but their dps is sub-par without use of melee, if you can deal with using melee they are one of the best for soloing without paying a whole lot of attention since the pets do a lot of damage alone. With the seer pet, you can AoE down multiple mobs and typically not have much risk of dying since the pet heals you too. I used druid 90% of the time during leveling 1-60.

Inquisitors are good for stacking DoT's and mobility with dps, a little less survivability but they can generally take down a mob or two before they become an issue. They get a minor heal/dps life tap type channel and a movement speed buff to avoid damage.

Necros are good as well for survivability with soul purge to heal yourself and the pet, you can be pretty lazy with that play style too and if you run into problems you can always feign death.

Ranger would probably also fit into your choice of play style if you choose rogue.
    Last edited by Orbitalz; 08-22-2014 at 11:33 AM.

+ Reply to Thread