+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Curious on best DPS classes currently.

Soulwalker

Default Curious on best DPS classes currently.

Hey all im back after a long break and i was just wondering on what the current lineup is for the best dps classes/specs currently....if one of you guys could give me a "tier list" containing the best from the worst that would be awesome and highly appreciated

Soulwalker

Current hype for the high dps spec right now are the pyro mages. I am seein them everywhere pvp and pve side. I do see a nerf bat hittin them soon though so may folks complaining about them. War class is paragon/warlord thief from what I see are rangers and sins, lastly cleric is the shamen I think. Donno the cleric side too well I just started to dabble in that class. Breakdown simple.
    Mage- pyro
    Thief- rangers and sins
    Warrior- paragons and warlords ( plus a mix of both)
    Cleric- shamen ( I think)

Hope that helps.

Soulwalker

Would be nice to see dps of classes with no gear :-)
    Web: www.digriot.com
    We welcome all professionals and amateurs involved in writing articles or want to try it.
    More info on this link.

Soulwalker

I havent reached max lvl yet still in the mid 30s with my cleric and mid 40s on my warrior. So right now I believe low lvl doesnt have gear on lol just a bunch of folks in cosmetics rather then in thier undies haha. Even so a pyro right now w/o gear is goin to woop on any peep that requires a weapon. All those twidly fingers need are those hahaha.

Ascendant

Historically warriors and mages have spent the most time as "top" or "competitive for top" dps. Rogues are behind them and clerics, well....we've spent a few weeks on top and that's it.

Definitely don't roll a cleric for dps because Trion has proven over the years they don't care about microbalancing classes to be competitive. I'd recommend mage or warrior.

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Ahov View Post
    Historically warriors and mages have spent the most time as "top" or "competitive for top" dps. Rogues are behind them and clerics, well....we've spent a few weeks on top and that's it.

Definitely don't roll a cleric for dps because Trion has proven over the years they don't care about microbalancing classes to be competitive. I'd recommend mage or warrior.
    Dont know why you tell him to roll a warrior right now... they are the worst dps class ingame with pyro mages dominating everything else in both pvp and especially pve.

Quote Originally Posted by Riftyrifter View Post
    Dont know why you tell him to roll a warrior right now... they are the worst dps class ingame with pyro mages dominating everything else in both pvp and especially pve.
    I'd like your drugs, warrior melee is still by far top ingame and warrior ranged is on 2nd or 3rd behind 1-2 mage specs as it stands.
    Pyrobination is top for both segments though lel.

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Godgrinder View Post
    I'd like your drugs, warrior melee is still by far top ingame and warrior ranged is on 2nd or 3rd behind 1-2 mage specs as it stands.
    Pyrobination is top for both segments though lel.
    You are so outdated, its 2.8 already. I wouldnt even tell you how wrong you are. Maybe you can do some research 1st before you say what you said.

Soulwalker

Well there u have it OP'er, honestly roll any base class you wish because the flavor of the month is the lava mage. Again I see the nerf bat hitting them hard soon, but they do look fun to play. Who knows the devs might throw a curve ball and beef up the clerics in the next major patch ( highly unlikely but one can dream)

Plz dominate my 1024 CP warlord in pvp on pyro i beg u on mah knees. pyro = cannon fodder.
    Last edited by Sezex; 08-19-2014 at 04:17 PM.

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Sezex View Post
    Plz dominate my 1024 CP warlord in pvp on pyro i beg u on mah knees. pyro = cannon fodder.
    Dont really give a damn about PvP, I am sure if you run your 1024CP warlord in PvE, marksmans will feel like they are overpowered.

Dont really give a damn about PvP, I am sure if you run your 1024CP warlord in PvE, marksmans will feel like they are overpowered.
    Oh ur one of those hobbits that slay same dragon 1000 times in a row moving 1 meter to the side to avoid that nasty red circle on the ground. ok, got it, nerd much?

Quote Originally Posted by Sezex View Post
    Oh ur one of those hobbits that slay same dragon 1000 times in a row moving 1 meter to the side to avoid that nasty red circle on the ground. ok, got it, nerd much?
    Your repeated attacks on PVE-players make me chuckle a little everytime I read them while I picture you screaming and cursing at your monitor in your warfronts. Keep it up, your entertainment value is great!

Shield of Telara

My 2 cents:

Mage (range - pyro)
    Rogue (melee - sin)
    Cleric (melee - shaman)
    Warrior (melee - pargon)
    Rogue (range - ranger)
    Warrior (range - temp)
    Cleric (range - inq)
    Mage (melee - harb)

The extreme outliers deal with mages. Pyro is to high (not sure how changes today will effect that). Harb is to low. Cleric range is also a little low. Warriors overall are a bit low compared to other classes, but still competitive.

While they might not be there now, over the long haul, I agree with Ahov that warriors are usually near the top.

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Attillaa View Post
    My 2 cents:

Mage (range - pyro)
    Rogue (melee - sin)
    Cleric (melee - shaman)
    Warrior (melee - pargon)
    Rogue (range - ranger)
    Warrior (range - temp)
    Cleric (range - inq)
    Mage (melee - harb)

The extreme outliers deal with mages. Pyro is to high (not sure how changes today will effect that). Harb is to low. Cleric range is also a little low. Warriors overall are a bit low compared to other classes, but still competitive.

While they might not be there now, over the long haul, I agree with Ahov that warriors are usually near the top.
    After today's pyromancer nerf, nothing changed, other than pyros own everything else a little softer.

+ Reply to Thread