+ Reply to Thread

Thread: I don't have a PET!

Soulwalker

Default I don't have a PET!

I tried looking it up and asking people and all they say is that under my Abilities I should have a button to summon my companion. The problem is there is no button under and of the souls for me. I even tried to save up soul points to spend on the companion in the soultree and it won't let me do anything under beastmaster. Is there something I am missing?

Prophet of Telara

Do you mean the soul-specific combat pet such as the Beastmaster's cat? Or do you mean a social fluff companion and will follow you about but nothing more?

You mentioned Beastmaster. If it won't let you spend points in it then it's either because you are using one of the pre-set purposes which railroads your point spending, or else you have already spent up to your level + 1 in points in that soul (you are capped out at your own level in terms of the number of points you can allocate a single soul in a build).

You can try changing to the preset that has Beastmaster and Warlord in it - I've forgotten the name of it. That will give you plenty of points in BM for the Primal Companion combat pet. Or ignore the presets entirely and go freeform spending points as you wish

To summon the primal companion it should be in Abilities Window in the Beastmaster tab and called something like Summon Lesser Primal Companion.
    Last edited by Islesi; 08-07-2014 at 06:31 AM.
    I will not delete my characters for an unwated server merge.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Islesi View Post
    You can try changing to the preset that has Beastmaster and Warlord in it - I've forgotten the name of it. That will give you plenty of points in BM for the Primal Companion combat pet. Or ignore the presets entirely and go freeform spending points as you wish

To summon the primal companion it should be in Abilities Window in the Beastmaster tab and called something like Summon Lesser Primal Companion.
    I looked through the abilities and could not find a tab for it anywhere! And yes I am talking about the one that helps you fight, not just a pet. If I have an automated soul spending thing going on, how do I stop that? I've been trying to spend them the way I want to for the past few levels but it will not no matter how many different buttons I press allow me to spend them on beastmaster. Am I already too far gone to ever get one now...? Sorry I'm totally new to this haha

Quote Originally Posted by Kaediths View Post
    I tried looking it up and asking people and all they say is that under my Abilities I should have a button to summon my companion. The problem is there is no button under and of the souls for me. I even tried to save up soul points to spend on the companion in the soultree and it won't let me do anything under beastmaster. Is there something I am missing?
    As a Beastmaster, you will have a pet from level 1, it is under abilities/beastmaster/summon lesser primal companion...

Exit the game, in the Glyph patcher, right click your Rift icon and select repair, if that doesn't work, submit a ticket. Do you have Directx installed?
    Let Elrar know you care @

https://twitter.com/GiantApproved

Soulwalker

Default Just figured it out!

I added it to my third section of my soultree instead of my first or second and it seemed to work all of the sudden. Thank you for your help!

Quote Originally Posted by Kaediths View Post
    I added it to my third section of my soultree instead of my first or second and it seemed to work all of the sudden. Thank you for your help!
    Did you have points spent in the other two souls? You can only swap out souls that don't have points spent. (You can reset your points at your class trainer, though, which allows you to reassign all three souls if you want.)

+ Reply to Thread