+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Need help deciding on class

Soulwalker

Default Need help deciding on class

I'm new to rift and am looking for a class to play. I would like a class that can tank and heal. I like to aoe tank and HoT heal. My dps preference is either CC, DoTs, or direct aoe. I don't expect a class to meet all my expectations but if someone could tell me what to expect out of the classes I would greatly appreciate it.

RIFT Guide Writer

All of the classes can do what you're asking for, though only one of them is able to do it all for free. Take cleric.
    Meciel - Mage - Defer Death - Greybriar
    12/12 T1, 14/15 T2, 1/9 T3

Soulwalker

Thanks, money doesn't matter, it doesn't have to be free. Also, my favorite classes in other games are WoW - Druid, Rogue, Deathknight. Warlock. Gw2 Guardian, Mesmer, Engineer. In that order, if that changes anything.

Rift Master

Quote Originally Posted by Erellestar View Post
    I'm new to rift and am looking for a class to play. I would like a class that can tank and heal. I like to aoe tank and HoT heal. My dps preference is either CC, DoTs, or direct aoe. I don't expect a class to meet all my expectations but if someone could tell me what to expect out of the classes I would greatly appreciate it.
    It sounds like you want to play cleric. Warden is the cleric soul with HoTs. It's not normally used as a main healing spec while leveling, but you can put points in it for the HoTs and a few multi target heals. It is used in raids by the way. Justicar is cleric's aoe tank, comes with splash healing through the passive salvation ability. You can have cc, dots, and aoe with dps with the cabalist soul. Inquisitor also has dots, and a bit of cc, but very weak on aoe.

I think the other classes all have souls that can do it all too. But on the 3 I have at level cap, (rogue, mage, cleric) I believe the cleric is probably the best at meeting your qualifications. I never played wow, so I have no basis of comparison on their system.

+ Reply to Thread