+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Teleport back from instance?

Soulwalker

Default Teleport back from instance?

Is there a way to get back to where I was before entering an instance (called "instant adventure" or something)? I mean it seems kind of ridiculous that if the instant adventure is on the other side of the map, I have to walk all the way back to where I was...? O_o
    The "recall" skill has a cooldown of 1 hour which makes it pretty much useless, and it's not set at the place I want to go.

Rift Master

Not that I've ever found. I find movement across maps to be frustrating at lower levels. At 50, when you can use PA points to gain teleports to other places. If you're a patron, you have a utility called fast pass that gives you access to a portal from anywhere (30m cd). Below 50, (and if you're not a patron) you either have to walk/ride, go to the nearest portal, find someone with a personal or group summon (must be in a group for the 2nd to work), or have someone in your guild put up a rally banner, and you use a rally scroll (rift store>services>uncheck everything but guild>rally scroll bundle) and it takes to you the rally banner. Rally banners have something like an hour cd (could be reduced some via guild benefits) and rally scrolls have a 30m cd I think. Not in game at the moment to verify.
    Last edited by Taledra; 08-04-2014 at 03:21 PM.

When you leave an instant adventure group, it offers you a teleport back to where you were before you started.

Also, Instant Adventures are not instances, they're in the open world.
    Last edited by Muspel; 08-04-2014 at 03:33 PM.

Rift Master

It takes you back to your shard if you click yes. It's never taken me back to where I was when I que'd for the adventure. I'm assuming that's intended, it worked like that during all my IAs while leveling.

Soulwalker

I never got the option to teleport back. I got teleported to some rift, so we completed all 5 waves (which was ridiculously easy, just stand there and press number keys 1-5...), and I got the reward, and nothing happened after that? So I just left the party...
    Was I supposed to wait for something else to happen?

Rift Master

Every time I've had the teleport option offered, it was after I left the party. But the teleport wasn't back to where I started, it took me to the same spot I was already in, only on my home shard.

Soulwalker

Under the instant adventure menu there will be a button to "leave". Same menu you queue from. Think the shortcut is "."

For dungeons, there's a small icon under the minimap that you can right click and leave the dungeon or teleport back into it if you left by accident(assuming you used the lfg tool).

+ Reply to Thread