+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Riftstalker or Justicar - help me decide

Default Riftstalker or Justicar - help me decide

I never do this.

I have never before asked the general public to help me decide on which class to play. It's a personal thing which you should decide by yourself, I think. But here I am. Contradicting myself like a champ.

Anyway, as the topic implies, I don't know if I want to 'main' my Justicar or my Riftstalker.

Both are very unique classes.

Here are some thoughts on the two souls:

I like the mobility of the Riftstalker, but sometimes I feel that teleports can be disorienting.

I like the spamable AoE of the Justicar. When you know about how far Even Justice reaches, you can do some fun things with it.

I love the lower GDC of the rogue, which makes me feel more in control than I do with the extended GDC the cleric comes with.

Salvation is nice. I've never raided (but plan to!), and I've heard that you can actually show up on healing-meters through Salvation. It's actually an appreciated little touch of healing (clarification needed, if anyone has such to offer?).

On the topic of AoE, I've actually heard that the Riftstalker's AoE potential is greater than that of the Justicar. Whatever that means.

I've also heard very conflicting things about both classes' cooldowns. Most say that Riftstalkers are better because of the fact that they have 4 CDs, while others argue that Justicar's cooldowns are better 'all around'. I would like your opinions on this matter too.

So what do you guys think? Should I pick the mace or sword?

I'd love to heard from someone who's got a little more end-game PvE experience than I do. Both my two tanks are gearing through experts, but I want to pick my 'main', and my guild pressures me to do the same for raiding.

Please advice.

I would actually advise you to think "outside the box" of just being a tank.

Rogue and Cleric classes (or callings how they are called in Rift), are actually very diverse in other roles they offer beside a tank.

Rogue other souls are more dps oriented and are pretty much better than Cleric dps souls. On the other hand Cleric has more versatile healing souls.

Both classes have exceptionally good support souls...

The reason I'm suggestion you think about other stuff rather than just tank souls, is most of the time you won't play the tank soul because of their lack in dps while leveling, and that will be a major part of the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Hacknwack View Post
    I would actually advise you to think "outside the box" of just being a tank.

Rogue and Cleric classes (or callings how they are called in Rift), are actually very diverse in other roles they offer beside a tank.

Rogue other souls are more dps oriented and are pretty much better than Cleric dps souls. On the other hand Cleric has more versatile healing souls.

Both classes have exceptionally good support souls...

The reason I'm suggestion you think about other stuff rather than just tank souls, is most of the time you won't play the tank soul because of their lack in dps while leveling, and that will be a major part of the game.
    Good advice, and well noted! I would absolutely agree that a survival-oriented-DPS should be a higher priority when you level.

And maybe I was a little unclear in my OP, but I am actually done leveling. I've reached the point, with both callings, where I'm farming experts for gear with aims of entering T1.

The problem is that the guild I'm with are starting to think raid-composition, and whenever they ask if Mr. Warpsalot or the wannabe-paladin will be tanking their raids, I don't know what to tell them. Both callings are equally unique, and I'm having a really hard time dedicating to one above the other...
    Last edited by ViRALiC; 08-03-2014 at 03:34 AM. Reason: Spelling.

The problem is that the guild I'm with are starting to think raid-composition, and whenever they ask if Mr. Warpsalot or the wannabe-paladin will be tanking their raids, I don't know what to tell them.
    If you really can't decide, leave it to raid leader ;] He should know what his raid needs more.

Rift Chaser

If you are the main tank, you should be getting preference on tank gear. But. If there are more rogues in your guild, for instance, any extra rogue dps gear will be a lot longer in coming to you. So then you may want to choose cleric. Or vice versa, if there are more clerics. So that may be a deciding factor for you.

I think rogues have an extra cool down, but Clerics do have the passive healing. The cleric heals won't really make a difference for the raid, mostly just helping the tank healer. Both can survive a lot if you are smart with your abilities.

+ Reply to Thread