+ Reply to Thread

Thread: What class/souls to return with?

Soulwalker

Default What class/souls to return with?

Hi all

I'm an old player, but left before Storm Legion came up.

I now have Storm Legion and the other set of souls, so have access to all classes.

Whilst I do not have the ability to raid, I would like to be able to both solo and get PUGs (do people still do PUGs?).

However, after several horrendous groups when I was trying to learn to tank (and eventually gave up when my son said I was really REALLY bad at it) I am happy to play anything but a tank heh.

In many other games I used to raid heal and do raid crowd control/support, and of course DPS, so I am happy to try anything (even pets) other than tanking, and whilst I have seen many posts talk about druids, and harb/whatever being able to solo chronicles (which I have no idea what chronicles are and will learn as time passes no doubt), I would rather play classes that people need.

Of course I am aware I can switch my roles, having say a solo and a dungeon set but unsure how the new souls work so unsure what is a good solo mix and a good 'wanted' mix these days.

If anyone can advise that would be hotdog awesome!

Deeply

I'm guessing cleric would be good for heals(3)/support(2) souls. You'll get a variety of healing approaches so it won't get boring. For DPS people suggest Shaman.

Shadowlander

I just recently came back as well. I have been playing a couple of specs that were not available pre storm legion that are a lot of fun. First being a mage harbinger with a splash into chloro and elementalist. I think its the pre-made spec called quintessential harbinger. It is melee but its outstanding dps (both ST and AE) and the splash into chloro gives you lifegiving veil so you heal some as well. I have leveled up to lvl 40 and been running dungeons using the dungeon finder and I am always at the very top of the dps list...sometimes by a very large amount. And with lifegiving veil you are giving support heals to the group.

The second spec I have been running is a Cleric Oracle. I think its the auspex premade build. You do middle of the pack dps but you provide good buffs/debuffs and a little healing for your group. This one allows you to queue as support. Sometimes that will get you into an instance a little faster than DPS. Its ranged DPS and after you get emblem of alacrity, you are completely mobile as all your spells are instant.

Both are a lot of fun so far.

Telaran

Clerics are always in high demend and defiler, puri and oracle might be your fast pass into raids.

Clerics also are no longer worst dps ingame and is competitive against everything other than pyromancer, but nothing is competitive against pyromancer anyways.

If you like to dps then mage is a no brainer, they got pyromancer which is godlike dps and nothing in this game can touch it, while being one of the easiest spec to play. On top of that mages are also arguably the best tank ingame, chloromancer us great healing soul that offer raid cooldowns for max dps and the soul itself is the highest dps healing spec.

Warrior is currently the worst dps ingame and they are not nealy as flexible as other callings. Dont waste your time.

Rogues are 2nd best dps ingame and physician also phystact are the new hot stuff for rift raid healing.

Quote Originally Posted by EzPyroman View Post
    Warrior is currently the worst dps ingame...
    So, warriors being pushed out of tanking because raids would much rather use their awesome dps (SL expac req'd) have the worst dps in-game? You seem biased, and it looks like you made this account specifically to promote pyro as easy mode OP unfair goodness.

There is no need to be bitter.

+ Reply to Thread