+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Planning of returning

Rift Chaser

Default Planning of returning

Hey wondering what's decent solo build for high survival and solo capabilities yet able to breeze through mobs even do well in experts ?
    -Drakeos 60 Warrior (retired)
    -Falados 60 Mage (Main toon/farming)
    -Drakeosim - 50+ Cleric (DPS only)

Rift Chaser

Some help pls (Gone Oracle though) ...

Rift Master

You mentioned oracle, so I'm assuming you're a cleric.

Druid fits all those qualifications except experts. It might do well in experts, I don't know. I don't like using pet specs in dungeons so I haven't tried it on mine.

Druid is a pet spec, mostly melee soul with a few ranged abilities. I think the normal spec is 61 druid/10 shaman/5 inquisitor. You have choices between a healing pet, a dps pet (ranged), a dps pet (melee), or a tanking pet. Note that with 'aid of the forest' toggled, all your pets can heal. Pros: high survival, a bit of cc/utility, decent dps with a pretty simple rotation. Cons: you need to stay in melee for good dps, aoe ability is next to none. The pets might be a con if you dislike pet specs. There are higher parsing specs.

Shaman or inquisitor are both good builds for experts. Shaman has better dps, inquisitor has range. Oracle works decently in experts as it has good dps for a support, dependent on how much support you give/is required.

Rift Chaser

I dont mind doing support class but atm currently level 11 and yet really enjoying the dps of it tbh

You will need to use different builds for soloing and experts. Druid is the only spec that even comes close to doing well at both, but even Druid is far from the best spec for most expert bosses and you'd want to use different variations for solo and dungeons.

Rift Chaser

So Orcale isnt good for leveling then (via PvP/Dungeons ?)

Rift Master

Oracle probably isn't bad for dungeons. My cleric was already near 60 when oracle came out, so I didn't experience leveling on the build. Typically, support souls are weaker on dps than standard dps souls. But when no support is required and I'm just keeping up the dps rotation, my oracle's damage isn't far behind my inquisitors. So normal rules may not apply to oracle. Oracle is a group oriented build, it's what support means. In addition to your personal dps, you get skills that buff raid(group) dps and provide shielding. If you spec into warden, you get a little bit more offhealing than oracle by itself provides, but the other preset built including oracle does higher dps.

For solo play, it doesn't really matter what you play. You can do just about any crazy combination you want and make it work. That doesn't really apply at endgame, where you're expected to know several builds and be willing/able to switch to the 'best' one for a particular fight when needed. My best advice is to play around with different options and see what works for you.

Rift Chaser

Okay for Cleric leveling (just hit 15) whats decent solo/fast leveling spec ? even does well in PvP (sick of getting 3-4 shotted) (Also restarting over due to lack of gameplay for long time)
    Last edited by Drakeos99; 08-01-2014 at 10:32 PM.

+ Reply to Thread