+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Warrior Vs Rogue

Soulwalker

Default Warrior Vs Rogue

So I'm 100% new to this game and I've been reading threads, I'm deciding between warrior and rogue. I've heard all classes can play any role pretty much but warrior is like the consensus for a lot of benefits.

What does rogue have over warrior?

Shield of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Ciress View Post
    So I'm 100% new to this game and I've been reading threads, I'm deciding between warrior and rogue. I've heard all classes can play any role pretty much but warrior is like the consensus for a lot of benefits.

rogue for pvp they are OP dps in pvp and OP healer in pvp with assassin and physician both 1 button build with the most op builds in pvp. Warrior always have 1 button top dps for pve and warlord for pvp if you want to suffer play mage or clerics. Mages don't have any kind of defense so a good assassin will farm you easy. In pve was the lowest dps now its getting some love after +7 months of being lowest dps. Clerics are good and op healers in pve and pvp but cleric dps in pve is not good.

If I was you I pick warriors they are getting love always in pve and pvp. For example warpest has been ahead for +4k dps over all classes for more than 8 months just smashing 1 button and still no nerf .Every other class receive t nerfs pretty fast. Warrior is easiest class with the highest reward.
    Last edited by elfaraon; 07-31-2014 at 02:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ciress View Post

- perma stealth
    - superior ST healing

Quote Originally Posted by elfaraon View Post
    stuff
    You're uber biased.
    I don't suffer at all while playing my Cleric or Mage.
    Last edited by Morwath; 07-31-2014 at 02:40 PM.

General of Telara

I'd go for rogue. Best warrior specs tend to be the most broken ones, then they need fixing which typically brings out a new broken soul combination that then again needs fixing...

Rogues are a very well done class, they have very nice interaction between souls and offer a few good, logical hybrids. They are by far the most care-free in pvp, you can always go sin and not care what your team is doing or how bad they are. In pve, they are atm behind warriors in dps because of broken warrior builds I've mentioned that are about to be toned down (hopefully not to be succeeded by a new batch of broken builds).

If you care about numbers only and don't plan on pvping solo much, go warrior. Odds are that at any given time there'll be one broken -pest build or another that will make you the top dawg of the meter. If you care for enjoyable and fluid gameplay with in-character souls that make sense and might end up solo queuing for wfs or cq a lot, go rogue.

Another thing which is important to stress, rogue is less depending on the souls that need to be payed for. Warrior is pretty much guaranteed to need tempest for an offsoul in dps builds because of it's 0 point buff and amped (not taking into account how broken op tempest is itself), rogue dps and tank builds don't need physician or tactician at all.
    Last edited by Vrab; 07-31-2014 at 03:12 PM.
    Ervun@Typhiria Vrablord@Typhiria
    Apotheosys
    HK 10/11

Quote Originally Posted by Vrab View Post

I'd go for rogue.

They are by far the most care-free in pvp, you can always go sin and not care what your team is doing or how bad they are.
    So incredibly jealous of this aspect of their class.

Soulwalker

I'm used to playing Assassins with high burst and fast attacks. From what I've seen on like youtube videos and such when searching "rift rogue gameplay" or "rift rogue pvp" it's usually always a bow...

So could anyone clear that up for me?

Soulwalker

bumpbumpbump.

General of Telara

I'm not sure what do you want to have cleared up. You're deciding on what class to play in a f2p game, not buying a car. If you like assassin game style, you'll love rift's sin, it's both very easy to play and very powerful. Why do you run into mostly ranged rogues on youtube, who knows? Old, outdated videos? People who simply prefer to play ranged? Who cares what's on youtube really.
    Ervun@Typhiria Vrablord@Typhiria
    Apotheosys
    HK 10/11

Plane Walker

Warriors got a lot of problems right now with several souls. We're still waiting on the warrior developer (that is also rogue developer) to make Reaver, Beastmaster, and Riftblade attractive as options for actual use and there's also an overhaul in the works on Paladin and Void Knight. Additionally, our healing options are the worst of any class. Liberator has no tank healing capability unlike every other class and yet every other class also has the potential to raid heal.

Should go Rogue, it's been in a good spot for a long time and is pretty stable.

Soulwalker

Well, I don't know what game these people are playing...

(This is all in reference to max level, things are actually more balanced and varied in the earlier leveling stages... except for this game's awful over-effective healing which is prominent everywhere.)

Warrior generally dominates PvP, and even PvE dps charts as well (occasionally bested by whatever temporary FOTM a "fix" has created, such as Pyro currently). Great tanks as well.

Rogue does little exceptionally... they're currently great healers (I'm awaiting extreme nerfing), but they're only above Clerics in terms of PvE dps parses, and in PvP are relegated to being a utility class for the most part... there's only a couple of very few cases (bad pvp specs, or other rogues) in which they can win an equal fight 1 on 1. They can top charts... by riding other's coattail's or picking on a weak link. That's the life of a rogue in this game. You're feared around flags, that's about it!

It's been this way since the beginning, I wouldn't expect it to change... regardless of how many times they say it will. I just treat it like difficulty modes at this point, there's never going to be balance.
    Last edited by Clapsy; 08-13-2014 at 05:20 AM.

+ Reply to Thread