+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: Calling switcheroo

  1. #1
    Soulwalker Egghead Dashie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    9

    Default Calling switcheroo

    What Im basically saying is, certain times I play different playing styles and trying each one. The problem is, I have a lvl 27 Rouge and I feel like the Rouge doesnt led up to my expectations. So im wondering if... you guys can do a calling switcheroo, kinda like adding roles but you just switch callings. I just dont want to delete a character I work for so long on... Plus I dont want to lose the artifacts I collected.

  2. #2
    Shadowlander McBonY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    34

    Default

    So what exactly are we talking about, a lvl 27 toon, or something that requires lot of work? ;D

    Have you already tested all the Rogue souls? Have you tried tanking the 5-mans with riftstalker, supporting your teammates with bard, stalking people on warfronts as assassin? And i haven't even mentioned ranged dps options yet ;] Or healing, if you have additional souls unlocked...

    Try everything the class offers before saying you don't like it. And i mean really try... lvl 27 is too early to judge anything as you don't have access do most soul abilities yet.

  3. #3
    Prophet of Telara
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    1,097

    Default

    Calling is one thing you cannot change about your character at present. You can change faction and race but not calling.

    As said above though, try messing around with other souls. Don't feel like you're stuck with the presets either, try experimenting with your own point layouts too. At 27 you don't have anything like developed soul toolsets - that will come as you level higher. By the time you hit 50 it will be a different experience, and then again when you hit 60. If you have two extra soul packs, the tactician and physician souls open up a lot of variety in the hybrid department which can again completely change the way you play a role.
    I will not delete my characters for an unwated server merge.

  4. #4
    Soulwalker Egghead Dashie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by McBonY View Post
    So what exactly are we talking about, a lvl 27 toon, or something that requires lot of work? ;D

    Have you already tested all the Rogue souls? Have you tried tanking the 5-mans with riftstalker, supporting your teammates with bard, stalking people on warfronts as assassin? And i haven't even mentioned ranged dps options yet ;] Or healing, if you have additional souls unlocked...

    Try everything the class offers before saying you don't like it. And i mean really try... lvl 27 is too early to judge anything as you don't have access do most soul abilities yet.
    I had tried different souls but im just annoyed because when im at PVP, its really hard to kill certain peeps. Ill still play this class... Saboteur is cool but its quite risky and Assassin has a bit of risk but fun to play. So my first role is 27 assassin, 2nd 27 saboteur, and lastly 27 blade dancer. But thanks for the encouragement ya'll. Ill play my rouge till level 30 then make a guardian Reaver build along with 2nd role being paragon. But your right, I gotta give him a chance. Btw the Rouge here is actually more kickass than any MMO i have played kudos. I was a bit curious about things thats all.

  5. #5
    Champion of Telara
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    1,266

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Egghead Dashie View Post
    I had tried different souls but im just annoyed because when im at PVP, its really hard to kill certain peeps. Ill still play this class... Saboteur is cool but its quite risky and Assassin has a bit of risk but fun to play. So my first role is 27 assassin, 2nd 27 saboteur, and lastly 27 blade dancer. But thanks for the encouragement ya'll. Ill play my rouge till level 30 then make a guardian Reaver build along with 2nd role being paragon. But your right, I gotta give him a chance. Btw the Rouge here is actually more kickass than any MMO i have played kudos. I was a bit curious about things thats all.
    The callings are not balanced around low level PvP and never will be, as you level some callings will shine and trounce you while others will appear really weak. At your level you're probably getting slapped by Pyromancers who now have a cinderburst proc. Mages are really good at low level PvP, this completely opposite of high level PvP.

    Basically as everyone else has said you're really too low a level to see most aspects of the game.

  6. #6
    Soulwalker Egghead Dashie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tollwutig View Post
    The callings are not balanced around low level PvP and never will be, as you level some callings will shine and trounce you while others will appear really weak. At your level you're probably getting slapped by Pyromancers who now have a cinderburst proc. Mages are really good at low level PvP, this completely opposite of high level PvP.

    Basically as everyone else has said you're really too low a level to see most aspects of the game.
    Thanks. At least now I know now. I only go to PVP just to get some xp. I contribute in PVP but yea I can only kill certain characters. Im not discouraged but I understand. But hey, I still have fun with this game

  7. #7
    Rift Chaser
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    322

    Default

    My experience leveling my rogue was similar to yours. I got disenchanted early on, and it wasn't until I had leveled 2 other alts that I came back to my rogue. I wished then I had done so sooner, because once I leveled up a ways, I had a blast with it.

    Like others have said, 27 is kinda low to feel the flavor of a soul. I would personally recommend trying assasin, and going PvP'ing. Leveling up, there will always be someone you can't kill. Just remember them, and go pick on someone else.

+ Reply to Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts