+ Reply to Thread

Thread: A new calling idea

Soulwalker

Default A new calling idea

Ive always been fascinated with MMA and hand to hand combat. After the updates and fixes they should add another calling which uses the toons fists. Kind of like the monk from WoW. Im not saying copying the monk but its the only mmo hand to hand class i can think of XD

Make better than the rogue dps specs and I will welcome it with open arms.

Prophet of Telara

We dont need more callings, but less of them as it causes a lot of balance issues.
    Quote Originally Posted by elfaraon View Post
    you really need to play more pyro . I bet you are a warrior or rogue so your opinion is not accurate at all. By the way pyro is not even close to have the highest burst in the game tell that to a sin or warlord

Sword of Telara

i wonder what would happen when we could switch callings like we can switch roles.

would ppl still argue that calling a is better than calling b or that they play the worst calling for pvp?! would most of the posts still be about specs of other callings are op / we need a buff now?! would that put an end to my is the worst calling threads?

trion could make that part of an event for a short time (2-3 weeks) to find it out.

It could be used as a concept for a soul overhaul. Since i play a cleric i'm thinking at Druid.... it surely needs a rework, and this hand-to-hand combat style could add a nice (and quite "druidish" imo) flavour to it.
    http://forums.riftgame.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=806168&dateline=13715  70211

Shadowlander

Adding an entire new calling or even role might be a bit too (for the devs) much a this point in the game

This idea has been discussed before. Many other MMO's have good and evil monk classes.

It could be added to each calling as a role, and based upon the elements of earth, fire, water, and air. With each calling getting one specific element, or each character the ability to permanently choose one of the elements.

Quote Originally Posted by Uddjubb View Post
    Adding an entire new calling or even role might be a bit too (for the devs) much a this point in the game
    Actually in all MMO's I've played, the devs idea of fixing classes/content is to... you guessed it, bring out more classes/content.

Its very hard and tedious work, fixing something that is badly coded.

Its very easy and profitable bringing out new shiny stuff.

+ Reply to Thread