+ Reply to Thread

Thread: less skill button class

Soulwalker

Default less skill button class

Hey there

I have a friend who only has a arm at the moment, and he wanted to try this game, so any suggestion wich class should he play as, In order for be able to mouse click on the skills to play?

Thank you

RIFT Guide Writer

Warriors are the official 1-button calling.

Not the warrior, he would have to click to move too often. I'd say rogue in 61 ranger. It has bout 4 buttons total

Quote Originally Posted by Sezex View Post
    Not the warrior, he would have to click to move too often. I'd say rogue in 61 ranger. It has bout 4 buttons total
    Er.... well.... yes. But he has to GET to 61 ranger before that happens....

@thevalkar: are you able to group with your friend some so he doesn't have to manage a whole lot of mouse-only play? That would help. If not....

Then probably you need to dig around for some viable macros that he can put on the mouse-click buttons he's going to use most often.

And speaking of mice - this would be the IDEAL application for a Razer Naga, or one of the other gaming mice with a fair amount of programmable buttons.

Quote Originally Posted by Narcise View Post

And speaking of mice - this would be the IDEAL application for a Razer Naga, or one of the other gaming mice with a fair amount of programmable buttons.
    This. I have Razer Naga Hex (6 thumb butons) and it's more than enough for leveling using only mouse.

You might find some of the suggestions in the following thread helpful:

Looking for easy rotation class for disabled friend
    Roles - A convenient menu for changing roles, equipment, and wardrobe

Soulwalker

I have been real busy on work lately doing lot 12h shifts so hadn't the time to pass by here yet.

Thank you for all the suggestions, but due to his situation and his experience he also prefer a more range class to reduce the amount of clicking stress to get in the middle or out of the fight

He said he will try the suggested rogue range class, maybe when his more comfortable he try others

I will borrow him my razer Lachesis mouse (ergonomic 4 extra buttons) might help quite a bit

And thanks for that link to the other thread

Shield of Telara

Well warrior vs rogue both are pretty easy 1 buttom but the edge go to warrior since they can 1 button macro warpest and still be top dps for over 4k dps.

Razer Naga + its macros is always good. I run a Naga for MMOs and a Hex for ARPGs. TBH I rarely use the keyboard except for chat. You can go forward by pressing both mouse buttons. And if you run vchat like mumble or something like most guilds do, that shouldn't be a problem, either.

You could also use AHK too for macros if your friend prefers the kb to the mouse or would rather not use the MMO mouse.

I use a zero button click spec on my part.

I give my little bro cookies to farm great hunt rifts for me.
    Last edited by Xenoheart; 08-05-2014 at 09:53 AM.
    Xenohart
    http://www.fractureguild.enjin.com/ | twitch.tv/xenohartgaming
    4/4 TDQ | 4/4 FT | 5/5 EE | 4/4 GA | 3/3 IG | 4/5 PB | 2/4 BOB 4/4 minis
    I just make it look easy sometimes. ~Daglar

Shield of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by mistmare View Post
    Razer Naga + its macros is always good. I run a Naga for MMOs and a Hex for ARPGs. TBH I rarely use the keyboard except for chat. You can go forward by pressing both mouse buttons. And if you run vchat like mumble or something like most guilds do, that shouldn't be a problem, either.
    You could also use AHK too for macros if your friend prefers the kb to the mouse or would rather not use the MMO mouse.
    Life hack #84722:
    Bind auto run to mouse pad -
    Change button 4 on Razer Naga synapse to numpad -
    Now pressing 4 (thumb button easy access) does auto run, but pressing 4 on the keyboard still uses ability 4. Makes movement very easy with just the mouse, while still allowing twitch movement.
    Ezuen@Faeblight<Godlike Awesomeness> lvl 65 p100 warrior
    aka "The Healing Warrior" (before it was cool)

You could also browse around for voice activated macros.

Soulwalker

I hope it's not rude to say I giggled at "a arm."

Anyway, I am not disabled, but disadvantaged by extremely small hands, so I try to play classes with simpler rotations myself just so I can reach everything with ease. Pyro's been pretty great so far. A lot of abilities can be placed on a single macro and you'll mostly be spamming 2-3 keys while waiting for higher cooldown abilities. I heard it's pretty viable right now in terms of DPS, too. Might not be the funnest class, but the burst is satisfying and it has a fair amount of mobility.

+ Reply to Thread