+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Soul Comparisons (Looking For Information)

Default Soul Comparisons (Looking For Information)

Hi all its me again .

I was just wondering about the new souls. (Liberator, Arbiter, Oracle and Physician) and how they are compared to the ones we usually play (or in some cases used to play)

Liberator and Physician are the new healing souls for Warrior and Rogue. How are they compared to puri, warden, sentinel, defiler and chloro?

Arbiter is the new tanking soul for Mage. How is it compared to Cleric, Rogue and Warrior tanking?

How is Oracle compared to Bard, Beastmaster and Archon? (Harbchon or Pyrochon cuz no one really goes full Archon. I don't really know if I should bother asking about Beastmaster though becuz omg )

I don't really have the time or the patience to do the mathematics as I play. I'm really more of a "look at the instructions" kind a gal (Because if I were to make a spec or build myself and post it here, then you guys would probably give me bad reviews cuz, yep they would suck! )

Ideas and recommendations are also helpful. Thank You
    Last edited by Shaolonfeng; 07-13-2014 at 05:41 AM.
    Shaolonfeng - Lvl 65 Warrior Khazeshini - Lvl 65 Mage
    Natsuno - Lvl 65 Rogue Erystar - Lvl 65 Cleric Tereni - Lvl 8 Primalist
    Grump Queen, Gives no S**ts, Mindless Pyromancer, Full-time Raid Healer

Plane Walker

Liberator is probably the most disappointing but for warriors who have no alternatives for healing it's still a good idea to have. Not because it doesn't do a good job at raid healing but because it can ONLY raid heal really and raid healing has limited application in the game. And you'll still find most raids insisting on using Warden heals for the Orbs on Crucia and being pretty inflexible on letting Liberators do the job.

Physician is about as good as purifier as best PvE tank healing spec and is undoubtedly the best healing soul for PvP. As a real kick in the balls to Warriors, Physician can be mixed with Tactician to make a hybrid that does a very good job at raid healing while not losing much single target healing capability.

Oracle is the best of the support souls and very valuable for raids and Arbiter's are very good as tanks in my opinion probably being tied with the Rogue tank soul as best tank in game.
    Last edited by Kenjitamura; 07-13-2014 at 02:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kenjitamura View Post
    Liberator is probably the most disappointing but for warriors who have no alternatives for healing it's still a good idea to have. Not because it doesn't do a good job at raid healing but because it can ONLY raid heal really and raid healing has limited application in the game.
    I wouldn't be so sure of that. Liberator does indeed seem to be lacking in some areas. But when it comes to tank healing it can be done. (you need to be geared however)

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Shaolonfeng View Post
    I wouldn't be so sure of that. Liberator does indeed seem to be lacking in some areas. But when it comes to tank healing it can be done. (you need to be geared however)
    Liberator can heal tanks in experts since experts are easy mode but they can not possibly be good tank heal in raids. I'm 100% certain a physician in just expert epics would outperform a fully T3 liberator in any instance of tank healing in a raid.

Quote Originally Posted by Kenjitamura View Post
    Liberator can heal tanks in experts since experts are easy mode but they can not possibly be good tank heal in raids. I'm 100% certain a physician in just expert epics would outperform a fully T3 liberator in any instance of tank healing in a raid.
    Yeah, I didn't think Liberator could ever be used for tank healing in a raid. Warden even has a sort of tank heals though its used mostly for raid healing (you can actually tank heal with warden in an expert as well but of course, you need to be geared)

By the way, How is Physician compared to Chloromancer?

61 physician is more like a sent than like a chloromancer.
    The hybrid with tactician resembles to a raid healing chloro, with less personal dps, with power core doing the same work as wild growth.

Oracle is a bard with higher dps, shields instead of heals and a cleanse.
    Last edited by Nasacrim; 07-14-2014 at 09:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nasacrim View Post
    61 physician is more like a sent than like a chloromancer.
    The hybrid with tactician resembles to a raid healing chloro, with less personal dps, with power core doing the same work as wild growth.

Oracle is a bard with higher dps, shields instead of heals and a cleanse.
    In terms of raiding, maybe Oracle is better than bard. Physician/Tact hybrid sounds like it can make a good substitute for chloromancer in terms of raid healing.

It kinda makes me sad that Liberator isn't really as awesome as I imagined it would be. I guess its only good if a warden is absent from the group. Cuz lets face it, you need some sort of raid heals though its not as good as warden it seems...

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Shaolonfeng View Post
    In terms of raiding, maybe Oracle is better than bard. Physician/Tact hybrid sounds like it can make a good substitute for chloromancer in terms of raid healing.

It kinda makes me sad that Liberator isn't really as awesome as I imagined it would be. I guess its only good if a warden is absent from the group. Cuz lets face it, you need some sort of raid heals though its not as good as warden it seems...
    It's absolutely as good as warden but most raids don't want liberator's healing crucia orbs because they lack the huge CD's that warden has in those instances. In sustained HPS it outpaces warden a bit.

Though I will agree. It is still somewhat a disappointment.

Ascendant

Liberator has group shields, and since proactive healing is usually better than reactive, it's pretty good. Not that I would really suggest dropping a warrior that knows what they're doing as dps to make him heal in place of a cleric.

Arbiter is pretty interchangeable with the other tanks, it probably has the best ranged aggro of the four.

Physician is a cross between sent and puri, which makes it really good at tank heals. The aoe toggle is probably too good, not really sure why that was tossed into the soul when they already had some aoe heals in the soul to get through experts.

Oracle is bard with more shielding, and again, proactive healing beats reactive, plus it does a bit more dps.

Chon out dpses oracle by a bit, which out does bard in dps. Tbh I'm not sure where BM falls in the spectrum, that soul has needed tuning since the start of SL and mostly been overlooked.

It's all depending on the fight really.

Liberator is good at sustained AoE heal and is rather mobile. It's good for certain fights.

Physician is like it was mentioned good at tank and sustain AoE and can serve as a substitute for LGV chloro or purifier.

Oracle is a bard on steroids.

Arbiter is probably the best tank in terms of survivability due to the passive shields it has. it is also the best hands down at anything regarding threat. There is simply nothing that come even remotely close in terms of threat production. It's only downside is it's lack of raid utility. (Warrior can purge/cleanse or 10 man full heal, cleric got their sustained raid heals and rogue... yeah I don't know for rogue... they can teleport around I guess)
    Cheesecakesandwich - Mage 70 | Wrecking - Warrior 70
    Italiansausage - Cleric 70 | Snaplemouton - Rogue 67
    Primalsandwich - Primalist 70
    I'm a grand connoisseur of the most delicate dish known as the poutine.

+ Reply to Thread