+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Best All Rounded Class *Opinions*

Soulwalker

Default Best All Rounded Class *Opinions*

Inclusive of Storm Legion and Dream Souls, i'd like some opinions on which class would be the best all rounded class. Rogue, Cleric, Mage or Warrior, let me know which and why you think they are best suited to be the most versatile class as with these souls they can do it all.

RIFT Guide Writer

All classes can do everything. If you're talking about mandatory spots in a raid, however:

2 Mages (Heal + Support)
    3 Clerics (Defiler + Puri + Oracle)
    1 Tank (any class)
    2-3 AE Healer (Warrior, Cleric, or Mage depending on fight)
    Rest DPS (Pref Mages or Warriors for ST. Mages/Clerics/Rogues for 2+ targets)
    Meciel - Mage - Defer Death - Greybriar
    12/12 T1, 14/15 T2, 1/9 T3

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by evantide View Post
    All classes can do everything. If you're talking about mandatory spots in a raid, however:

2 Mages (Heal + Support)
    3 Clerics (Defiler + Puri + Oracle)
    1 Tank (any class)
    2-3 AE Healer (Warrior, Cleric, or Mage depending on fight)
    Rest DPS (Pref Mages or Warriors for ST. Mages/Clerics/Rogues for 2+ targets)
    Sorry, but you are terribly out of topic.
    OP asked about opinions on class being best all-rounded.

In my opinion, warriors. Fine tanking, not hard to dps, now they can heal (though raidheal), but the support falls a bit behind, though BM brings some unique raid buffs. And they are cool.

RIFT Guide Writer

Quote Originally Posted by Kviki View Post
    Sorry, but you are terribly out of topic.
    OP asked about opinions on class being best all-rounded.
    Uh no, I put out who is wanted for raids and can play the different slots, IE who has the best chances of getting in due to most options. It's "who is most versatile" at its most basic.

Clerics have 5 different roles they can fill in a raid. Mages have 4. Rogues and Warriors have 3. If he wants the most versatility, then he goes cleric.

Fun is based on his personal opinion playing the Class. I enjoy mage. It's specs are relatively difficult to min-max compared to other classes. I enjoy min-maxing and casters so I enjoy mage. Doesn't mean the OP will.

If he wants further info, he can look at any number of guides and threads for an idea of their style and what people think are problems of their class.
    Last edited by evantide; 06-18-2014 at 02:29 AM.

Telaran

Uh no, I put out who is wanted for raids and can play the different slots, IE who has the best chances of getting in due to most options. It's "who is most versatile" at its most basic.

Clerics have 5 different roles they can fill in a raid. Mages have 4. Rogues and Warriors have 3. If he wants the most versatility, then he goes cleric.
    Oh sorry, i see the misunderstanding. There are multiple explanations of versatility, you have obviously chosen the most practical one - how to get to raid (in 20). But do not forget, you listed: How to get to raid NOW. This will definitely change over time.

And i believe there are a few different approaches to "most versatile class", if the OP doesn't specify what he wants to do, we are free to choose our approach. You were not that terribly out of topic.

Fun is based on his personal opinion playing the Class. I enjoy mage. It's specs are relatively difficult to min-max compared to other classes. I enjoy min-maxing and casters so I enjoy mage. Doesn't mean the OP will.

If he wants further info, he can look at any number of guides and threads for an idea of their style and what people think are problems of their class.
    What? I think you're mixing roles and souls. A role is a type of position. There are only 4 roles in the game; Tank, Heal, DPS, Support.

"Oracle" is not a role. It is a type of support. Support is a role.

@OP Every class can play every role. None of them are more 'well rounded' than others. If you want to talk balance, well then, that's a completely different topic altogether.

RIFT Guide Writer

Quote Originally Posted by Mav986 View Post
    What? I think you're mixing roles and souls. A role is a type of position. There are only 4 roles in the game; Tank, Heal, DPS, Support.

"Oracle" is not a role. It is a type of support. Support is a role.
    ST and AE heals are two distinct and non-interchangeable roles. Good luck trying to have Liberator and Warden Tank heal or Puri be your main AE healer.

Quote Originally Posted by Kviki View Post
    Oh sorry, i see the misunderstanding. There are multiple explanations of versatility, you have obviously chosen the most practical one - how to get to raid (in 20). But do not forget, you listed: How to get to raid NOW. This will definitely change over time.

And i believe there are a few different approaches to "most versatile class", if the OP doesn't specify what he wants to do, we are free to choose our approach. You were not that terribly out of topic.
    I am pretty sure you only play one class if you think warriors are the best overall. They are the most limited class in the game and only are picked because Trion made their dps slightly OP to overcome their mediocrity.

The best overall class in the game is rogue, then mage, then cleric then warrior in terms of flexibility. Warrior is also the most pay to win class with the store bought souls being nearly mandatory in raids and pvp.
    Last edited by Flashmemory; 06-20-2014 at 08:26 AM.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Flashmemory View Post
    I am pretty sure you only play one class if you think warriors are the best overall. They are the most limited class in the game and only are picked because Trion made their dps slightly OP to overcome their mediocrity..
    Liberator competes very well with Warden when it comes to AoE burst healing iirc.
    Beastmaster provides Enrage where as Archon provides Lava pool. Enrage is the only way to break the CP hard cap outside of abilities such as Tempest.
    Paladin tanks are very, very good tanks, especially with the nature of the their cool downs.

To suggest Warriors are mediocre is completely false.
    Clerics are the most well rounded class currently.
    They may not be the best at any particular category, but they also hold the most unique roles and in terms of DPS, are very well rounded in terms of ST and AoE.

Their healing roles are all self sufficient outside of Warden.
    Their DPS roles have a good mix of offensive and defensive capability.
    Shaman, for example, brings good ST and AoE as a melee spec.
    Their tank role is very much desired for the aoe agro, even if it isn't quite as strong.
    Their oracle spec brings very desirable abilities as well.

Of the most limited are Mage's and Warriors.
    Last edited by Katosu; 06-20-2014 at 10:55 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by wickede View Post
    please just stop posting your misinformation here
    Quote Originally Posted by Wickede
    how often you "snipe heals" is also important

Rogues
    • One of the Best ST Healer
    • One of the Best AE Healer
    • Mediocre Support but Support no-less
    • Second Best ST DPS
    • Second Best AOE DPS
    • Self-sustained in PVP
    • Self-sustained in PVE

None of the other Callings can achieve this right now.
    Last edited by Byaku; 06-20-2014 at 11:11 PM.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Byaku View Post
    Rogues[*]One of the Best AE Healer
    Where do you get the idea that Physician comes close to the output of a Warden, Liberator, or Chloro?

Quite sure the actual AE healing souls destroy it easily.

Quote Originally Posted by Katosu View Post
    Where do you get the idea that Physician comes close to the output of a Warden, Liberator, or Chloro?

Quite sure the actual AE healing souls destroy it easily.
    Phy AE healing is no joke.
    Those that can, do. Those that can't, write guides on the forums.
    Quote Originally Posted by TrionBrasse View Post
    In all seriousness, we don't expect everyone to still be playing SFP

Rift Disciple

PhysTac 3 button win yo.....

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Deeew View Post
    Phy AE healing is no joke.
    Your mean phys/tact, since a 61 phys doesn't have great AE healing.
    IIRC, it was about the same as an LBV chloro.

The only reason it seems that way is because of the way it heals Deeew.
    Its pretty much constantly throwing out smaller ticks of healing, where as Liberator and Warden both rely more heavily upon their burst healing.

So you will never see Warden and Liberator push out Chloro numbers, simply because they can't heal as quickly.

If you switch it to OPS though, you'll find they're actually much higher than one would think.
    You'll never be using a phys/tact unless you're lacking Chloros though. They don't do anything a Chloro can't do better.

So if we consider something more used in raids like 61 phys, the AE healing is poor by comparison.
    Also, I wouldn't say the aoe healing is entirely the result of the physician tree, as it relies heavily on Tact, so i think its more accurate to state that Phys/tact offers great aoe healing at the cost of ST.

Now that I think about though...dont you maintain some of your ST cooldowns?
    Last edited by Katosu; 06-21-2014 at 04:24 PM.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Katosu View Post
    Your mean phys/tact, since a 61 phys doesn't have great AE healing.
    IIRC, it was about the same as an LBV chloro.

The only reason it seems that way is because of the way it heals Deeew.
    Its pretty much constantly throwing out smaller ticks of healing, where as Liberator and Warden both rely more heavily upon their burst healing.

So you will never see Warden and Liberator push out Chloro numbers, simply because they can't heal as quickly.

If you switch it to OPS though, you'll find they're actually much higher than one would think.
    You'll never be using a phys/tact unless you're lacking Chloros though. They don't do anything a Chloro can't do better.

So if we consider something more used in raids like 61 phys, the AE healing is poor by comparison.
    Also, I wouldn't say the aoe healing is entirely the result of the physician tree, as it relies heavily on Tact, so i think its more accurate to state that Phys/tact offers great aoe healing at the cost of ST.

Now that I think about though...dont you maintain some of your ST cooldowns?
    To the above poster Phys/tact(which is in fact rogue) is one of the better aoe healers in game, and its not really even debatable. It is very easy to play has tons of output and provides excellent shielding ot the whole raid while never energy starving.
    Traltixx I used to do things. member of <rekt>

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast