+ Reply to Thread

Thread: questions and concers about the Pyromancer

Default questions and concers about the Pyromancer

Pyromancer seems like it would be fun to play off the bat because from what i have read and seen they have decent spells at the start of the game that will work well in raids or PvP, now my only conern is it seems like the class might get a little boring from casting fire spell after fire spell.

what do you guys think?

p.s. love the animations for the fire spells!!

Quote Originally Posted by ebotd View Post
    Pyromancer seems like it would be fun to play off the bat because from what i have read and seen they have decent spells at the start of the game that will work well in raids or PvP, now my only conern is it seems like the class might get a little boring from casting fire spell after fire spell.

what do you guys think?

I love the Pyro, to mix it up I plan on adding Warlock and maybe Chloro for some death and life spells
    Greke- Sab/NB/Infl and RS/BD/Bard
    Magus Imperialis Magicus- Briarcliffe Server- PVP

Quote Originally Posted by Myrdynn View Post
    I love the Pyro, to mix it up I plan on adding Warlock and maybe Chloro for some death and life spells
    i have thinking pyro/lock also, seems like a legit combo.

As long as the spells are all useful and varied (which they seem to be) I don't see why it would become boring anymore so than any other class. Many seem like they'll be focused on one element.

Either way, you could always mix up your build. If you want a sprinkle of plant powers, add in the Chloromancer or something.

a pyromancer boring? naaa its suposed to be a high dammage character and it uses fire! how can this posibly be boring? xD
    i speack not english good you tell me when wrong i am ! [JK!]
    Waiting for the king of the mmorpg's ...
    -Dnz

Quote Originally Posted by Denzen View Post
    a pyromancer boring? naaa its suposed to be a high dammage character and it uses fire! how can this posibly be boring? xD
    When you try to close a Fire rift and find yourself without any working magic and have to melee the mobs down? Of course, come to think of it, that would likely not be all that boring, as the Pyro wouldn't last long.

Same for the Warlock and Death Rifts. Likely a lot will depend on just how soon you get access to a second soul to build an alternate Role with. L5, not a problem, L15 could be annoyingly long time with missing 1/6th of all Rift contents.

(based on comments in one video where the Dev had to rebuild the Mage from a Pyro so it could take on a Fire rift)

Quote Originally Posted by CyclopsSlayer View Post
    When you try to close a Fire rift and find yourself without any working magic and have to melee the mobs down? Of course, come to think of it, that would likely not be all that boring, as the Pyro wouldn't last long.

Same for the Warlock and Death Rifts. Likely a lot will depend on just how soon you get access to a second soul to build an alternate Role with. L5, not a problem, L15 could be annoyingly long time with missing 1/6th of all Rift contents.

(based on comments in one video where the Dev had to rebuild the Mage from a Pyro so it could take on a Fire rift)
    so.. melees with earth rift = dead
    pyromancer with fire rift = dead
    warlocks with death rift = dead
    elementist with water/air rift = dead

:P you know, i dont think that work that way :P
    i speack not english good you tell me when wrong i am ! [JK!]
    Waiting for the king of the mmorpg's ...
    -Dnz

Default RE:

Quote Originally Posted by ebotd View Post

what do you guys think?

I'd say your bigger worry is Resists - how much will the Pyromancer's abilities be diminished by folks increasing their resists? I was thinking about playing a Pyromancer, but I doubt too many will have a good reason to go pure Pyromancer unless an answer to my question is discovered.
    "Forgiveness is between my foes and their gods. My job is to arrange a meeting."

Champion of Telara Nightbringer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Denzen View Post
    so.. melees with earth rift = dead
    pyromancer with fire rift = dead
    warlocks with death rift = dead
    elementist with water/air rift = dead

:P you know, i dont think that work that way :P
    Since when has any MMO made trash mobs immune to melee?
    Spells, sure, I've seen that more than a few times, but never melee.
    /sarcasm off

Seriously though, the elementalist uses multiple elements. It's the one mage class I see being able to cope with any Rift. Of course, if you are on a pyromancer and a fire rift opens, you could just change builds.

+ Reply to Thread