+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: 51 point Heroic class

Default 51 point Heroic class

So as we know, the Heroic classes will not be available at character creation. With that known, if I wanted to make a 51 point Bard for instance, how does that work? Do I create a Ranger or something that is available at character creation, lvl it until the bard soul tree becomes available and then dump my Ranger abilities and go strictly Bard?

Yup, that's exactly how it would have to work. I think the idea is that the most generic or traditional classes are the ones you get at character creation...then as you level up you have access to souls that are more and more specialized.

Default .

i was sad to find out you couldnt start as a bladedancer.

cant wait to get there though!

at lvl 50 you will have 51 points.
    so if you want 51 points in one soul you will have 0 in the others, preety simple :P
    you can put points into ranger and play as a ranger, and when you get the bard soul take out the points in ranger (i think this will be done with a npc) and put them into the bard tree.
    Last edited by Denzen; 10-11-2010 at 02:45 PM.
    i speack not english good you tell me when wrong i am ! [JK!]
    Waiting for the king of the mmorpg's ...
    -Dnz

Quote Originally Posted by Denzen View Post
    at lvl 50 you will have 51 points.
    so if you want 51 points in one soul you will have 0 in the others, preety simple :P
    you can put points into ranger and play as a ranger, and when you get the bard soul take out the points in ranger (i think this will be done with a npc) and put them into the bard tree.
    can you switch your points around as much as you want?

Quote Originally Posted by ebotd View Post
    yep

and even as a pure 51 bard you could still have 0 pt assassin and 0 pt ranger or whatnot just to get access to their free skills
    Greke- Sab/NB/Infl and RS/BD/Bard
    Magus Imperialis Magicus- Briarcliffe Server- PVP

Yup, as of right now you can switch your points around as long as you're not in combat. By the time you hit max level, you should be able to save 4 roles (loadouts) that you can switch between freely. Not sure if you need to pay to respec after all 4 are full or what, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Myrdynn View Post
    yep

and even as a pure 51 bard you could still have 0 pt assassin and 0 pt ranger or whatnot just to get access to their free skills
    this concept has needed to be done right in an mmo for a long time now.

it was said one time that you gain new souls from specific quests, and the quest reward is 1 soul unlock, which means that you choose the soul you want to unlock. So, if you have heroic soul you really really want, it will not take long for you to unlock it.

Prophecy

Quote Originally Posted by Xavath View Post
    it was said one time that you gain new souls from specific quests, and the quest reward is 1 soul unlock, which means that you choose the soul you want to unlock. So, if you have heroic soul you really really want, it will not take long for you to unlock it.
    Just a guess, but if they do indeed unlock the second Soul slot at L15 and the third at L30, those strike me as obvious times to do quests to reward a Soul.

well maybe not. Its possible to have soul reward quests before the 2nd slot is unlocked, just so people can switch their souls in that first slot.

Prophecy

I don't think we will be rewarded with specific souls. We will be rewarded with a choice to choose a new soul we do not currently possess.

Quote Originally Posted by Azarine View Post
    I don't think we will be rewarded with specific souls. We will be rewarded with a choice to choose a new soul we do not currently possess.
    Exactly what I think, or at least what should happen. If they throw all this temptation at you with awesome classes and choices galore then it just goes along with everything else they're doing for us.

I seem to recall from several of the interviews that the soul slots will be unlocked at 15 and 30. So that you can have 2 souls equipped at 15 and 3 at 30.

And IIRC you can unlock a new soul previously unavailable to you at 8. I am sure there are more times you will get the opportunity to unlock new souls but I haven't heard when. They are very vague about this. Stating that you will be able to get the souls you want early and then spend the rest of the time collecting the other souls for your calling like you do in pokemon.

Quote Originally Posted by ebotd View Post
    i was sad to find out you couldnt start as a bladedancer.

cant wait to get there though!
    Where are yall getting your info from? Can you point to a link where it was said that this was true? What heroic classes are even mentioned so far? Am i wrong in thinking that one would be able to pick any one of the eight souls of a calling to start? The impression that I get is that you get to be whatever you want to start. Then there are quests to be done to collect the other souls in a calling as you progress in level. Ultimately you can collect all the souls of a calling. You can also save various combinations of souls to be used much like the dual spec works in WoW, just with three trees of eight as opposed to three and only three trees. If someone could point to some data that proves my theory wrong i'd appreciate it.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast