+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Need help :/

Soulwalker

Default Need help :/

Hi everyone, im new to rift (making a pause from d3). okay, straight to the point, the thing is i dont know what class to chose -.- (you must be so tired of these threads), i am focused on PvE, i dont mind if i play ranged or melee, i just wanna feel i can wipe those mobs

What is the first class/spec that comes to your mind when you think about PvE power?

Also, sorry for my english

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Slinkk View Post
    Hi everyone, im new to rift (making a pause from d3). okay, straight to the point, the thing is i dont know what class to chose -.- (you must be so tired of these threads), i am focused on PvE, i dont mind if i play ranged or melee, i just wanna feel i can wipe those mobs

What is the first class/spec that comes to your mind when you think about PvE power?

Also, sorry for my english
    All Classes have many possebilitys for good PvE-Soloplay-Builds.
    All of them can wipe out them most of the PvE-Mobs out there.

Every "Class" has many souls:
    An Warrion can be an AOE-Meatgrinder, an Singeltarget-Killer, even an ranged, or Heal.

Good Solo"souls" are:
    Warrior: Champion, Paragon
    Rouge: Ranger, Bladedancer, Tactican
    Mage: Harbinger, Elementalist, Necromancer
    Cleric: Shaman, Druide

The "best" Soloplaybuild is (my opinion) Druid.
    Its very flexible, high survivability good selfheal, pretty good Aoe and Singletarget-Dmg.

But, and thats for sure: Nearly all rly good solobuilds are worse, when it comes to specific roles, like in Groups or dungeons.
    So better use more than one build.
    You can buy more then one Build"slot", called Roles for your Charakter.
    So you can be an good soloplayer, ans 2, Sec later change to heal, when you are needed as healer in group.

In the end, play this class, you like the most from its concept.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Devin R View Post
    All Classes have many possebilitys for good PvE-Soloplay-Builds.
    All of them can wipe out them most of the PvE-Mobs out there.

Every "Class" has many souls:
    An Warrion can be an AOE-Meatgrinder, an Singeltarget-Killer, even an ranged, or Heal.

Good Solo"souls" are:
    Warrior: Champion, Paragon
    Mage: Harbinger, Elementalist, Necromancer
    Cleric: Shaman, Druide

The "best" Soloplaybuild is (my opinion) Druid.
    Its very flexible, high survivability good selfheal, pretty good Aoe and Singletarget-Dmg.

But, and thats for sure: Nearly all rly good solobuilds are worse, when it comes to specific roles, like in Groups or dungeons.
    So better use more than one build.
    You can buy more then one Build"slot", called Roles for your Charakter.
    So you can be an good soloplayer, ans 2, Sec later change to heal, when you are needed as healer in group.

In the end, play this class, you like the most from its concept.
    well to be honest, i've tried cleric till like 14, and i didnt really like his playstyle, i dont know, it just doest fit me, its probably the only class in this game i think i cant play. anyway i rly aprecciate your post man, thanks alot

Rift Master

Cleric kinda sucks in killing power til ~30 or so in my experience. Then it's ok to moderately good. Then at 45 it's omg where did all this damage come from?!

As for not liking its playstyle, can you elaborate? Like any other calling, it has ranged single target, ranged aoe, melee single target, melee aoe. Unlike other callings, it has multiple heal souls that don't hybridize well with dps souls. If you need the extra survival offered by the ability to self heal, go up to 12 into purifier (16 for the cleanse).

Druid's probably the least painful soloing cleric spec.
    Harb with a bit of chloro for mage.
    Dunno what people use to level on rogues, I have a bard/tact/marksman that does decently but I have a ranger/marksman/something build (I forgot what I put as the 0 point soul) that kills faster.
    I'm still experimenting with warrior, no recommendation on that yet.

I would take Ranger off that list, as it's probably the worst rogue soul for soloing (aside from Physician).

Soulwalker

well to be honest, i've tried cleric till like 14, and i didnt really like his playstyle, i dont know, it just doest fit me, its probably the only class in this game i think i cant play. anyway i rly aprecciate your post man, thanks alot
    Well, so you know one Class, you dont like.
    And when there is a Class you dont like, for sure there is one, you like the most.

But LV 14 tells rly nothing about one class.
    Most Classes are 20+, then they show their real potential and playstyle.

"Cant Play" is a bit rush to say.
    Cleric has so many different playstyles, one complete different from another, maybe you try only one Build, and then give up?

For Ranger, i dont know, wy this one should be this worse?
    For ranged, its the (non-pay) Spec from rouge with the best survivability/dmg-mix, little selfheal, Pet can distract enemys, and it did much more dmg, than any bard.
    Marksman and sabouteur are not a bit good as that easy, when you dont want to run around all the time.
    But sure, Tactican and Bladedancer are way better.

For Ranger, i dont know, wy this one should be this worse?
    For ranged, its the (non-pay) Spec from rouge with the best survivability/dmg-mix, little selfheal, Pet can distract enemys, and it did much more dmg, than any bard.
    Not really. Ranger does low damage when using the tank pet, has bad ramp-up time, is energy starved, has poor mobility, and the pet cannot hold more than one enemy at a time (and even if it could, the AoE is atrocious).

Not to mention the fact that the pet has pretty terrible survivability and sometimes has trouble holding threat even on single targets.

Soulwalker

i see, i think im more into mage or rogue tbh. any toughts on the one thats better to solo pve?

i see, i think im more into mage or rogue tbh. any toughts on the one thats better to solo pve?
    Mage- Elementalist or Necromancer; both are pet classes. Harbinger if you have the SL souls.

Rogue- A good tank spec can be found in the Rogue Guides section. Muspel is right about Ranger- don't use that one.
    Faeblight
    ilexx: lvl 60 High Elf Necromancer/Chloro
    RIFT 3.0 incoming soon... get ready for some surprises!
    Quote Originally Posted by Thitizen View Post
    Helicopters? Tesla Coils? Skrillex?

Quote Originally Posted by ilex011 View Post
    Rogue- A good tank spec can be found in the Rogue Guides section.
    You don't want to solo in a tank spec, the DPS will be very low.

Before level 50, Nightblade is a good soloing spec (put 4 points into Tactician, 8 into Riftstalker, and the rest into NB). At level 50 and above, switch to Bladedancer soloing; there's a guide for it in my signature.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Muspel View Post
    You don't want to solo in a tank spec, the DPS will be very low.

Before level 50, Nightblade is a good soloing spec (put 4 points into Tactician, 8 into Riftstalker, and the rest into NB). At level 50 and above, switch to Bladedancer soloing; there's a guide for it in my signature.
    Thanks man that really helped me deciding =) i will go like that. i just have 2 questions:

1: how is rogue at level 60? like in terms of pve and pvp, if it is a solid class or i will get a few difficulties

2: what preset do i chose to go NB, because it seems i have to chose one preset, so can i still spend the points how i want or i just have to follow a that specific preset?

Soulwalker

nevermind guys, i allready figured it out, thanks everybody for helping, specially Muspel, and sorry for those newbie questions

Champion

Welcome in Rift! Enjoy it!
    Melandra @ Entity @ Zaviel
    A cynic is a man who knows the price of everything and the value of nothing.
    - Lady Windermere's Fan [Oscar Wilde] -

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Mausea View Post
    Welcome in Rift! Enjoy it!
    thanks bro seems a pretty cool game. since im making a pause from Diablo3 this is a different style and will probably get me really entertained

+ Reply to Thread