+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Hi, New to Rift

Soulwalker

Default Hi, New to Rift

I chose the mage class but it gave me a list other things to pick from, like flamecaller and gravelord, etc. Which one would be best for DPS mage build. How would go about making one.

Thanks!!

Those are presets. I believe some of them are designed for level 60 to maximize dps. You'd be better off finding a leveling spec in the mage guide subforum and then, at level 60, switch to a warlock or harbinger spec in those guides.
    Last edited by Yaarielle; 06-07-2014 at 01:12 PM.
    Yaarissime@Greybriar, lvl 65 cleric (taking a pause from the game)
    Chewgi@Greybriar, lvl 60 warrior
    Greanie@Hailol, lvl 60 rogue
    Youshallnotpass@Hailol, lvl 20 mage

Actually, any of the presets are good for leveling in Rift, well most anyway.... Either a Tank or Heal preset for survivability if you like to push the envelope a bit, or you could select a damage preset for a good mix of survivability/leveling quickness. Either way, all come with a good mix of everything and are not pure DPS builds, or pure PvP healing builds or anything. At some point once you figure out how it works you will experiment as well, hopefully before max level.

Shadowlander

Maybe 1st focus on getting to 50/60 and later look for dps build . For now it maybe just useless as you will be killed lot of time without survival
    Caspi

+ Reply to Thread