+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Holy Clerics Batman. Class ratios?

Soulwalker

Default Holy Clerics Batman. Class ratios?

So I decided to join a dungeon for the first time (at lvl 21) and it turns out that there were 4 other clerics.

I've actually noticed a lot of us. So my question is: how is class balance? Is there too much of any one class?

I really like the idea of being a druid and I'm thrilled that there are good solo specs for clerics which is something I'll need as a casual gamer, but I don't want to be gear starved when I party.

I sortof like mage, I'm interested in some warrior specs, but I heard their healing soul isn't very good. Or that it's intended for AOE heal more than anything. I also don't have tons of time to level a bunch of different classes.

Rift Master

There are a lot of clerics. But speaking as someone who did nearly all the leveling without dungeon runs, a lot of clerics doesn't necessarily mean gear starving. I was dumb when I started, and outfitted my cleric with planar gear every level where there were blue or purple upgrades to what I already had. Storm Legion quests give you starter gear. I purchased pretty much all my accessories off the auction house, and my weapon. Armor has mostly come from the 60s chronicles, which you can run solo or with another person. I've filled in with world gear (infinity stones) whenever I realized that not all my stuff was level 60. I play ~2-3 hours a day most days. Oh, you get some stuff from warfront chests too. Sometimes its even good.

For most situations, multiple clerics aren't always a bad thing, assuming they're not all playing specs that have the same dots. Like...cabalist has dark water, one version of 61 inquisitor also uses darkwater. Darkwater stacks 3 times, more than that is a waste of gcds.

Quote Originally Posted by Taledra View Post
    For most situations, multiple clerics aren't always a bad thing, assuming they're not all playing specs that have the same dots. Like...cabalist has dark water, one version of 61 inquisitor also uses darkwater. Darkwater stacks 3 times, more than that is a waste of gcds.
    This is incorrect. An NPC can be affected by the same DoT twice if it cast by different players. You could easily roll through a dungeon with 3 inquisitors in the exact same spec if you wanted to. If they were all running the Dark water build, the NPC would end up with 3 separate stacks of DWx3.

Back to OP (warning, all anecdotal evidence, so take your grain of salt now): In my experience, clerics & mages are abundant from the beginning of the game all the way through to experts, but when you get to raid rifts/gh5s and actual raids, mages & rogues seem to have a slight number advantage, with warriors being the least played class. I've recently seen a few raid rift groups that were 3/4 full of mages and rogues, the remainder being 3-4 clerics and 1-2 warriors. I'd wager those were just flukes though, all in all the class balance is mostly even.

Quote Originally Posted by roastbeef View Post
    This is incorrect. An NPC can be affected by the same DoT twice if it cast by different players. You could easily roll through a dungeon with 3 inquisitors in the exact same spec if you wanted to. If they were all running the Dark water build, the NPC would end up with 3 separate stacks of DWx3.

Back to OP (warning, all anecdotal evidence, so take your grain of salt now): In my experience, clerics & mages are abundant from the beginning of the game all the way through to experts, but when you get to raid rifts/gh5s and actual raids, mages & rogues seem to have a slight number advantage, with warriors being the least played class. I've recently seen a few raid rift groups that were 3/4 full of mages and rogues, the remainder being 3-4 clerics and 1-2 warriors. I'd wager those were just flukes though, all in all the class balance is mostly even.
    This is only a recent trend. Before 2.7, it was ALLLLLLL clerics.

+ Reply to Thread