+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By AlwaysHealNeverDie

Thread: Bard vs Oracle

Telaran

Default Bard vs Oracle

Disclaimer: New player. Been playing for only about a week.
    I have a level 43 bard that is all bard with a splash of physician (for the cooldown on the main heal). I play mostly PvP matches and whatever pve is around while waiting for the warfronts to pop.
    Enjoy the bard and not bad. Mobile and fits my style.
    I rolled an oracle and they seem to be very similar to the bard. Now that oracle is only level 14 so I really can not compare.

Question then is if you go full bard vs full oracle what is the main difference? More dps from one or the other? More support etc? The alt soul for either would be a heal soul. So physician for the bard and no clue for the oracle.
    Pro and cons of the two. Again, mostly in pvp, but for sure I do pve with them. Never sure I will be a raider or anything

Ascendant

Oracle is better in every way. You get raid cleanse, more dps, shields instead of healing and better hybridization.

Oracle can get purge from 12 points inq which a lot, especially against rogue classes.
    PvP in RIFT is good only @forum.

If you want to raid as a bard, you won't be doing it in a top end guild as it stands today.

Give it a few months and once everyone has bought the shiny new souls maybe we'll get some balance between the two support classes, but then again how long have we been waiting to be competitive in everything bar BD and RS?

However if you're not fussed about the above, the bard is a fun and can be very rewarding role to play.
    Last edited by Gethzerion; 06-02-2014 at 10:51 PM.
    PvP Rank: 88/90 | PA: 1277/1277 | CQ Power: 200k | Score: 15285 | Tradeskills: All Grandmastered
    4/4 GP | 4/4 DH | 5/5 GSB | 5/5 RoS (Conq.) | 11/11 HK | 4/4 RotP | 2/8 ID | 4/4 PF | 4/4 TotDQ | 4/5 EE | 4/4 FT | 4/4 GA | IG 2/3 | PB 3/5
    Getting More and More Disillusioned By The Day

Soulwalker

bard has better heals/ oracle is better dps thats the only real diff

Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysHealNeverDie View Post
    Oracle is better in every way. You get raid cleanse, more dps, shields instead of healing and better hybridization.

Oracle can get purge from 12 points inq which a lot, especially against rogue classes.

I think I've loaded my bard once in pvp and pve raids. There's no point in playing it any longer.

My bar is still level 48. It's not even fun playing him at peak lvls for pvp because they are completely out-classed.

+ Reply to Thread