+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Do You Think There Will Be Any More Souls?

Default Do You Think There Will Be Any More Souls?

I don't think there will for some reason, someone said when I was playing before that adding more Souls is a waste of time because you will just get more Souls no one uses. What do you think?

Soulwalker

there's always a chance, but I think that the devs will focus on balancing things for now that each class has all roles available.

Another Healing Soul for the Mage would be nice, took me a while to get my head around the Chloromancer.

Rift Disciple

A tank who can heal himself? ;)

Nah but seriously everyone can do everything now, I don't think there's anything to add.
    Plastic@Typhiria.

There's not really a need for any more 'new souls', each class currently has 10 souls and there are certain souls that need a rework to make them more enjoyable and viable to play.

I suspect we will eventually see some more souls added to the game, but that will be ages away. There is a TON of stuff they can change and do with the souls already in the game.
    #1 Hardcore Casual - Seatin - RIFT Livestreamer/YouTuber. Check out: www.twitch.tv/seatinmanoflegends and www.youtube.com/seatinmanoflegends

I am expecting a new class (or two) that could introduce new play styles and flavor to the game and bring in some more money.

I can imagine a few classes that would stand out from the souls and classes we have now.

Not sure if it's going to be souls, but Trion WILL add something. Right now, they are selling the souls at a high price to compensate the fact that the expansion zone is free. If the next expansion zone is also going to be free, then they'll definitely try to sell something good.
    Last edited by Yaarielle; 05-29-2014 at 09:38 AM.
    Yaarissime@Greybriar, lvl 65 cleric (taking a pause from the game)
    Chewgi@Greybriar, lvl 60 warrior
    Greanie@Hailol, lvl 60 rogue
    Youshallnotpass@Hailol, lvl 20 mage

one day i shall have my earth damage flintlock mage
    stormhak stormbar stormkvinde kagestorm stormelver

They still can add Archon/BM style Souls to Cleric/Rogues, and Bard/Oracle Souls to Mage/Warrior

Anyway, a new really different Class would make more sense, at least for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Daglar View Post
    This game is not and never will be balanced for 1 vs 1.
    ~Daglar

A Shaolin warrior type soul would be nice. Katas and shriken.
    Faeblight
    ilexx: lvl 60 High Elf Necromancer/Chloro
    RIFT 3.0 incoming soon... get ready for some surprises!
    Quote Originally Posted by Thitizen View Post
    Helicopters? Tesla Coils? Skrillex?

Soulwalker

I would really like a soul that focuses on the plane of earth. I feel like the Elementalist doesn't cut it. Perhaps for the Mage or Cleric... it should deal earth damage of course, but perhaps even physical damage through spells? Earth is commonly associated with durability and absorption, so maybe that would be fitting aswell.

How about a knockback-centric soul?

Shapeshifters?

Spellstealing?

Rift Disciple

Either way what ever they add will be poorly done. Games these days are always rushed out with the attitude of "we can patch it later" I remember a game called chaser by jowood or something got released. Before you can install it you needed to download a patch.

That implies Rift can make it to 4.0, but can it? I dunno.
    ~ | Fiskerton | Fiskermage | Fiskerheals | Fiskerbear | ~

I'm a homeless stray of a raider

Champion of Telara

Still hoping for a return of PvP souls.

Not really a realistic hope, but still i do.

Rift Disciple

Archon's a combination of Fire and Earth.

Personally, i wanna see the following:
    Mage - Geomancer. Specializes in utilizing and taking advantage of terrain effects, allowing them to use the element of that terrain, or its exact opposite such as using Death based abilities while standing in Death or Life touched areas. Spells consist of instacasts for Life and Air, cast time abilities for Water and Earth, and DoTs for Fire and Death, with channels and aoes spread evenly per element controlled. 61 pt ability is a 30 second buff that allows the Geomancer to use all abilities, allowing for varied barrages of the appropriate elements.

Cleric - Arcanist. Has a stance change system similar to tanks - Curse of the Arcane turns all abilities to damaging Death based abilities; Blessing of the Arcane turns all abilities to healing Life based abilities. They share a 5 minute cooldown. 61 point ability is a 1 hour buff that removes said shared cooldown, allowing for on-the-fly Stance switching.

Warrior - Vanguard. Highly mobile and adaptive dps, with two stances. Vanguard's Ferocity increases damage and turns all skills to melee, but increases CD of non-instants by 3 seconds. Vanguard's Gambit reduces damage, but all skills are now ranged and decreases GCD to 1 sec and decreases CD of non-instants by 1.5 seconds. 61 point ability is increases the buffs from the stances, and halves their negative effects.

Rogue - Alchemist. Once again has stance changing; Alchemical Wrath turns all abilities to Fire and Earth based damaging abilities; Alchemical Care turns all abilities to Air and Water based healing abilities. The stances share a 5 minute cooldown; 61 point ability is a 1 hour buff that removes said cooldown. Yes, same as the Cleric, but i ran out of ideas. :V

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast