+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Wavestrike

Thread: Not sure which Class to choose

Soulwalker

Default Not sure which Class to choose

Hello, I'm a huge PVE Player and a team player and not sure which class I should choose.

Looking for a class that a lot of people want in parties,a lot of games try to a avoid a certain class for X Reason.

So Basicly a full PVE Char and that is wanted in Parties.

Thanks!

Rift Disciple

In this game, every char can do everything. Doesn't matter what you choose, you can tank, heal, support or dps. (But pay attention because warrior and rogue healers need to be bought separately, as well as a mage tank and cleric support)
    Plastic@Typhiria.

Are you lazy? Want to use no more than 2-5 buttons to win the DPS charts? New to MMO's? Don't like healing?
    Warrior.
    Paragon and Tempest are hilariously easy to be effective.
    Warriors are popular tanks; Paladin and Void Knight.

Are you somewhat lazy, but are maybe looking for something that has also varied difficulties to try some min-maxing? Rogue.
    Marksman is very easy. Ranger is easy and more effective.
    Bard is always useful in raids and easy to play as well.
    Bladedancer is more of a challenge and can be rewarding in terms of DPS.
    Riftstalker is your choice for tank. Blink, dodge, parry, mobility!

Are you looking to min/max, be useful, but mainly be called upon to heal?
    Cleric.
    Shaman and Inquisitor (DPS) are more challenging than the basic warrior/rogue to be effective.
    Warden/Purifier/Defiler (heal specs) are all useful specs and are always are needed in raids.
    Justicar - The only tank with a battle rez.

Are you looking to min/max your DPS and challenge yourself just to keep up with other classes?
    Mage.
    Pyromancer is one of the hardest specs to master but isn't even on par with the simple Tempest, sadly.
    Warlock and Harbinger don't allow you to slack either, but in return they do put out on par with top specs, or even #1 if you play it well enough.
    Chloromancer for heals, always need at least one in a raid.
    Archon - those support hybrid specs always have a spot.

Source: Level 60 in every class. My main is a Mage.

Disclaimer: Yes... You can heal as rogue and warrior, support as cleric, and mage tank. Those do cost you some money though, which may not be too alluring to start a game with.

Basically the choice is yours, people aren't so picky what class you chose as long as you're dynamic with what you can play with your class. But clerics always have the biggest gap to fill in terms of raiding slots. 70-85% of the raid is DPS regardless.

If you want my suggestion, if I were to be happiest as a new, fully F2P player:
    Cleric if you like healing. Rogue if not.
    twitch.tv/wavestrike

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Wavestrike View Post
    Are you lazy? Want to use no more than 2-5 buttons to win the DPS charts? New to MMO's? Don't like healing?
    Warrior.
    Paragon and Tempest are hilariously easy to be effective.
    Warriors are popular tanks; Paladin and Void Knight.

Are you somewhat lazy, but are maybe looking for something that has also varied difficulties to try some min-maxing? Rogue.
    Marksman is very easy. Ranger is easy and more effective.
    Bard is always useful in raids and easy to play as well.
    Bladedancer is more of a challenge and can be rewarding in terms of DPS.
    Riftstalker is your choice for tank. Blink, dodge, parry, mobility!

Are you looking to min/max, be useful, but mainly be called upon to heal?
    Cleric.
    Shaman and Inquisitor (DPS) are more challenging than the basic warrior/rogue to be effective.
    Warden/Purifier/Defiler (heal specs) are all useful specs and are always are needed in raids.
    Justicar - The only tank with a battle rez.

Are you looking to min/max your DPS and challenge yourself just to keep up with other classes?
    Mage.
    Pyromancer is one of the hardest specs to master but isn't even on par with the simple Tempest, sadly.
    Warlock and Harbinger don't allow you to slack either, but in return they do put out on par with top specs, or even #1 if you play it well enough.
    Chloromancer for heals, always need at least one in a raid.
    Archon - those support hybrid specs always have a spot.

Source: Level 60 in every class. My main is a Mage.

Disclaimer: Yes... You can heal as rogue and warrior, support as cleric, and mage tank. Those do cost you some money though, which may not be too alluring to start a game with.

Basically the choice is yours, people aren't so picky what class you chose as long as you're dynamic with what you can play with your class. But clerics always have the biggest gap to fill in terms of raiding slots. 70-85% of the raid is DPS regardless.

If you want my suggestion, if I were to be happiest as a new, fully F2P player:
    Cleric if you like healing. Rogue if not.
    Thanks very much! Everything I needed to know!

+ Reply to Thread