+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Newbie in Rift - don't worry, it's not another "i don't know that to do" thread :)

Soulwalker

Default Newbie in Rift - don't worry, it's not another "i don't know that to do" thread :)

Hello, i want to start my adventure with Rift, but first - the most important thing for me ( as always ) is to choose my class properly ( i hate having any "alts" ).

I've done some research, and it seems that warrior suits perfectly for me. I like heavy armor, blades etc. I like being a melee class with decent dps but i also like when it can be pretty fast-paced ( but not too fast ) and not too "glasscanon style". I assume this is decent choice for me ? I don't like pure tank,healer or support. Melee dps - is my style.

I've also found something like this : http://forums.riftgame.com/game-disc...easy-mode.html - and it seems to suit for me but i have a question because maybe all of this info is a bit outdated ? ( six months so... ) Anyway, usually PvM it's the most important thing for me but when it game "suck me in" then, why not to try PvP ^^.

I know that it can be weird to choose everything before even installing the game but i've always do something like this and usually it works. Maybe because i know what i want ( usually xD ).

Yeah, if you love being a melee beast, warrior is perfect. Warlord is absolutely the most fun spec in my opinion. Paragon/Warlord together is great for pvp and soloing.

Quote Originally Posted by Venditte View Post
    Yeah, if you love being a melee beast, warrior is perfect. Warlord is absolutely the most fun spec in my opinion. Paragon/Warlord together is great for pvp and soloing.
    If you like fast paced and melee, you may want to reconsider Rogue. "Bladestalker" build is superior to Warrior builds in soloing, particularly AE pulls. Heavy armor is not necessarily more defense. Rogues gain other abilities that make them as defensive or more so than Warriors. Particularly when you consider recovery/healing mechanics.

"Bladestalker" at L60 is 51 Bladedancer/21 Rifstalker/4 Tactician. At level 1 I would start putting points into Bladedancer, until you reach a level where you start taking too much damage (usually when your gear is not sufficient level for the content you are doing). Then put 4 points into Tactician for the heal. If that's not enough, you can add 8 points into Rifstalker for an additional heal (triggered after you kill a mob).

Rogues unlike other callings (excluding exceptions with some souls), have a faster Global Cooldown (GCD). That means you can use your abilities quicker; attack faster.

The Warlord soul does offer a good mix of defense without sacrificing offense. But at early levels the defense isn't really necessary. Also, at early levels you benefit a lot more from a faster GCD.
    Last edited by Altira; 05-21-2014 at 08:34 AM.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HX9Xhdstz80
    "If this (points to heart) is empty, this (points to head) doesn't matter."

+ Reply to Thread