+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Where to get beastlord

Soulwalker

Default Where to get beastlord

Ok so i go to create a new character because the last one i sucked butts at, and so i thought i'd try a warrior class. and i do really enjoy having the pet along side so beastlord looked perfect. so as i was getting ready to pull out my wallet to hand over my money to these guys, i realize that there is no way to buy it, and nowhere online that tells me where to get it. i search
    "where to get beastlord class in rift"
    all i get is "oh its great in blah blah but its sucks in hootymahwhatsit"
    don't care... i really don't i just want to give the devs my money but they won't show me where to put my money to get said class. it does way that i can purchase the class next to the class name in red. it doesnt say what expansion i need to buy, what soul pack or whatever i need to buy, or anything. why is there a serious lack of information towards these basic locked classes? its absurd. anywho if you guys have a link i can follow to a giant green button that says "BUY BEASTLORD CLASS HERE" that'd be fantastic.

if by any chance it turns out i have to get it in game, where specifically do i get it and with what class do i start off with?

You can buy the Storm Legion souls in-game, from the RIFT Store. Press ] to open the Store up.

You have to buy the pack, these Souls aren't sold separately.

I haven't bought them myself, so can't really give you details, but that's my understanding.

Have fun!

I'm assuming you mean the beastmaster soul? You have it already, it's one of the original souls.
    ~ | Fiskerton | Fiskermage | Fiskerheals | Fiskerbear | ~

I'm a homeless stray of a raider

Quote Originally Posted by Fiskerton View Post
    I'm assuming you mean the beastmaster soul? You have it already, it's one of the original souls.
    IIRC, Beastlord is one of the presets, and it apparently includes Tempest.

So, to the OP, you don't need to buy anything in order to play Beastmaster. Just click on "Close" on the screen where it asks you to select a preset and you can choose your souls and talents yourself, instead of using one of the game's presets.

If you want to buy the Tempest soul (which is a ranged DPS soul that hurls lightning at enemies), you'll need to buy the Storm Legion Soul Pack in the store, under the services section. You can also purchase the Dream Soul Pack to unlock the Liberator soul, which is an earth-based healer.

Soulwalker

Default so i spent the moneys

so i spent the money in the in game store, logged out to create a new character and it is still locked... there goes 25 bucks. what the actual **** guys cmon.

why is everybody confused when i say beast lord... BEAST LORD THIS THING
    http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile.../?id=260618012

so what the hell did i just waste 25 bucks on, and how can i at least get a pet follower out of it using a warrior class.
    Last edited by khobi; 05-16-2014 at 10:23 PM.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Muspel View Post
    So, to the OP, you don't need to buy anything in order to play Beastmaster.
    you mean beastlord. czech the screenshot

Quote Originally Posted by khobi View Post
    you mean beastlord. czech the screenshot
    No, I mean Beastmaster.

Beastlord is the name of a preset. These are prebuilt specs that you can use. You can pick any preset on the character creation screen and respec later, it is NOT a binding decision. (You can even carry around multiple specs at once.)

Beastmaster is the name of a soul. Each class has ten souls, and each spec (including the presets) is made up of a combination of three souls. In this case, the Beastlord preset includes Beastmaster and Tempest (I don't know what the third soul is off the top of my head). Because that preset has Tempest, which requires Storm Legion, it's showing as locked.

Just select any preset character creation, then change your spec to include Beastmaster once you get in-game. You do NOT need to select Beastlord in order to use the Beastmaster soul, that preset choice is completely meaningless in the long run, and IMO should not even be part of the character creation process because it confuses new players.
    Last edited by Muspel; 05-16-2014 at 10:31 PM.

Soulwalker

well i accidently just bought it, so why is it red, and why am i not getting what i paid for.

Soulwalker

or an even better question. WHAT TEH **** DID I JUST BUY
    Last edited by Jester; 05-16-2014 at 10:46 PM.

well i accidently just bought it, so why is it red, and why am i not getting what i paid for.
    Let me make sure that you actually bought it. Tell me if you took all of the following steps:
    1. You logged into the game on a character.
    2. You bought enough credits to buy the Storm Legion soul pack on the in-game store. (This would be $25 worth of credits IIRC.)
    3. You opened the in-game store.
    4. You went to the Services tab.
    5. You purchased the Storm Legion soul pack.

Soulwalker

Default ok forget my money, its gone and all i got was jarvis the veteran dealer

so where do i physically on the map go to to change my thing to beastmaster in game.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Muspel View Post
    Let me make sure that you actually bought it. Tell me if you took all of the following steps:
    1. You logged into the game on a character.
    2. You bought enough credits to buy the Storm Legion soul pack on the in-game store. (This would be $25 worth of credits IIRC.)
    3. You opened the in-game store.
    4. You went to the Services tab.
    5. You purchased the Storm Legion soul pack.

yes thats what i did, and my bank account is now showing 25 bucks lower

again i dont give two turtle turds about the money, i'd like to know why i'm not getting what i bought. btw that screenshot is after i bought storm legion stuffery

Soulwalker

Default so the purchase obviously went through.

so where do i physically on the map go to to change my thing to beastmaster in game.
    Open up your soul tree. I don't remember what the default hotkey for this is. I have it bound to "N", but it might be something different.

On the screen that opens up, it will either display three soul trees or a list of preset choices.

If it displays a list of preset choices, then click on the button I've marked in this picture. This will take you to the screen with three soul trees.

If it displays three soul trees, then click on the box next to one of the soul's names, and select Beastmaster from the menu that opens.

Did you relog after purchasing the soul pack? If not, then do so, you have to log out then back in for it to apply the souls.
    Last edited by Muspel; 05-16-2014 at 10:42 PM.

Soulwalker

i just restarted the application. apparently the log out button doesnt do what it says it does... rather misleading... but anyways beastlord is unlocked. but i'd still like to figure out this beastmaster thing...

well poop.

turns out i spent 25 bucks on something i could already do... while i'm at it, what are the benefits of the beastlord preset. i'd enjoy hearing that i spent a well worth 25 bucks on something as opposed to being able to do something i could've always done.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast