+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Results 31 to 43 of 43
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: Crit vs CP question

  1. #31
    Ascendant Galibier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    10,460

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mumnoch View Post
    Stick to your DPS Muspel, you might be wrong less often.
    Wow... and you have the nerve to call people children and the like.

    He is pretty solid. As a matter of fact he is also one of the leading guide writers on tanks and good tanks actually know what makes for good tank healing. They may not know what precise buttons to push but they HAVE to know what types of heals are optimal and what makes those heals more optimal....otherwise they do not know in advance how to properly use their CDs (barring oh crap moments).

    As a tank and a tank healer it is all about minimizing unpredictability as much as humanly possible and your borked proposal in this thread does just the opposite and rather exacerbates it.
    Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorius triumphs, even though checkered by failure... than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat.

  2. #32
    Champion
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    590

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Galibier View Post
    Wow... and you have the nerve to call people children and the like.

    He is pretty solid. As a matter of fact he is also one of the leading guide writers on tanks and good tanks actually know what makes for good tank healing. They may not know what precise buttons to push but they HAVE to know what types of heals are optimal and what makes those heals more optimal....otherwise they do not know in advance how to properly use their CDs (barring oh crap moments).

    As a tank and a tank healer it is all about minimizing unpredictability as much as humanly possible and your borked proposal in this thread does just the opposite and rather exacerbates it.
    What in the world are you talking about my proposal?

    I said CP is important for some healing spec's to a point. I stand by that statement, if you can't see the benefit in Crit shields /shrug whatever dude troll on.

  3. #33
    Plane Touched
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    206

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mumnoch View Post
    Your rage over being wrong is funny.
    What was the name of your cleric?

    Please tell me you arent on EU

  4. #34
    Plane Touched
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    206

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mumnoch View Post
    What in the world are you talking about my proposal?

    I said CP is important for some healing spec's to a point. I stand by that statement, if you can't see the benefit in Crit shields /shrug whatever dude troll on.
    You do know about the puri shield crit modifier?

    MM Thought not

    Go L2Cleric
    Last edited by CrackaJack; 05-26-2014 at 01:48 AM.

  5. #35
    Ascendant Galibier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    10,460

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mumnoch View Post
    What in the world are you talking about my proposal?

    I said CP is important for some healing spec's to a point. I stand by that statement, if you can't see the benefit in Crit shields /shrug whatever dude troll on.
    Sir the only troll here is u. When I work for 4 months straight 8pm to 8am I have little better to do than work out spell coefficients and the like when it goes dead. I understand how this game works. You assume you know and every assumption you have put on these forums time and time again has been proven wrong. What makes it even more humorous is that when confronted with all of this you do not attempt to actually explain your point, show evidence or data. No instead you simply move to call people trolls, children and other insults because you have no data, no evidence. All you have is personal opinions and bias with no objective support.
    Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorius triumphs, even though checkered by failure... than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat.

  6. #36
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    3,918

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mumnoch View Post
    Stick to your DPS Muspel, you might be wrong less often.
    OH NO IVE BEEN CAUGHT AS A TROLL!

    I better insult Muspel to hide it!
    Quote Originally Posted by wickede View Post
    please just stop posting your misinformation here
    Quote Originally Posted by Wickede
    how often you "snipe heals" is also important

  7. #37
    Rift Disciple frostypepper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    186

    Default

    K, well that got ugly.

    Anyway crit chance is awesome for low lvl dps. They have very little to start with, seems to help enormously.

    High lvl dps however already have enough crit, extra cp makes their crits hit like a truck.

  8. #38
    Plane Walker Mav986's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    478

    Default

    If you build CP for healing, you will also need to build crit chance, because most healing souls don't have very much built in crit chance(versus dps souls that generally do). By gearing for CP and Crit chance, you are sacrificing the base strength of your heals, due to not having much spellpower.

    By sacrificing the base strength of your heals, you are saying "I would like to do weaker heals for X% of time, and stronger heals for (100-X)% of the time(eg. If you have 20% crit, you will have weaker heals 80% of the time, and stronger heals (100-80)% of the time.

    So lets look at the common sense: Heal for 150, 100% of the time, or heal for 125, 80% of the time, and 200-250, 20% of the time.

    Lets look at an average of 10 heals.

    Scenario 150: 150 * 10 = 1500
    Scenario 125: 125 * 8 + 250 * 2 = 1500

    You get the same healing.

    However, in Scenario 150, if someone takes 3 hits of 150 each, and they have 200 health left, they will live. In scenario 125, if they take 3 hits of 150 each, and they have 200 health left, they will die, 80% of the time.

    This is theoretical, and your results will vary based on the RANDOM number generator.


    In short, you're putting your allies lives, into the hands of pure chance(or in this case an algorithm designed to output psuedo-random numbers)

  9. #39
    Fia
    Fia is offline
    Champion of Telara Fia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    1,351

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Galibier View Post
    Such inconsistency will get you tank just as dead as the inconsistency of parry/dodge/block over end stacking.
    Not wrong, but imo being brainafk while healing is what's gonna get your tank to die. I don't see why everyone is making such a big fuss over CP or SP/AP. Just heal, it's as simple as that. Whether your shield absorbs 500 hp more or not (non-crit) doesn't really matter if the boss hits the tank for like 50k.

    And just out of curiousity: in what way/to what degree does HP affect effective mitigation?
    Last edited by Fia; 06-16-2014 at 02:39 PM.
    Fiia@Typhiria | Asthea@Hailol
    Cleric-Heal/Tank/DD | Lvl70

    Now with new Prime Content! -> http://youtube.com/astheatv


  10. #40
    Fia
    Fia is offline
    Champion of Telara Fia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    1,351

    Default

    Oh and what about stacking CP when playing warden? Does it make sense or is stacking SP also better here?
    Fiia@Typhiria | Asthea@Hailol
    Cleric-Heal/Tank/DD | Lvl70

    Now with new Prime Content! -> http://youtube.com/astheatv


  11. #41
    RIFT Guide Writer Muspel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    7,837

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fia View Post
    And just out of curiousity: in what way/to what degree does HP affect effective mitigation?
    Not sure what "effective mitigation" is supposed to be. If you just mean regular mitigation, then it doesn't.

    HP is a part of effective health, which is basically your health modified by your mitigation, and measures how much raw damage you can take before dying. For instance, if you have 1000 HP and 50% mitigation, your effective health is 2000, because it takes 2000 damage to kill you.

  12. #42
    RIFT Guide Writer
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    2,257

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fia View Post
    Oh and what about stacking CP when playing warden? Does it make sense or is stacking SP also better here?
    SP. You're not ticking as much as a chloro ticks to get the throughput. Also, your job's to make sure people making it through burst, which means you need strong base numbers.
    Meciel - Mage - Defer Death - Greybriar
    12/12 T1, 14/15 T2, 1/9 T3

  13. #43
    Fia
    Fia is offline
    Champion of Telara Fia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    1,351

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Muspel View Post
    Not sure what "effective mitigation" is supposed to be. If you just mean regular mitigation, then it doesn't.

    HP is a part of effective health, which is basically your health modified by your mitigation, and measures how much raw damage you can take before dying. For instance, if you have 1000 HP and 50% mitigation, your effective health is 2000, because it takes 2000 damage to kill you.
    Thanks for the answer, I already know of effective HP though. I really meant effective mitigation, Galibier mentioned on page 2 that HP is part of the effective mitigation equation and I was wondering in what way.

    SP. You're not ticking as much as a chloro ticks to get the throughput. Also, your job's to make sure people making it through burst, which means you need strong base numbers.
    Makes sense. Thanks. :)
    Last edited by Fia; 06-17-2014 at 04:35 AM.
    Fiia@Typhiria | Asthea@Hailol
    Cleric-Heal/Tank/DD | Lvl70

    Now with new Prime Content! -> http://youtube.com/astheatv


+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts