+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 43
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: Crit vs CP question

  1. #16
    RIFT Guide Writer Muspel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    7,837

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mumnoch View Post
    Shield's are almost always 100% effective. Crit Shields are almost always 100% effective. Stick to your DPS specs.
    Do you not understand why crit is less desirable than healing? Hint: it has very little to do with overhealing. And it's already been explained in this thread.
    Last edited by Muspel; 05-24-2014 at 06:21 AM.

  2. #17
    Champion
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    590

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Muspel View Post
    Do you not understand why crit is less desirable than healing? Hint: it has very little to do with overhealing. And it's already been explained in this thread.
    Hint:

    There's a difference between reactive healing and pro-active healing.

  3. #18
    RIFT Guide Writer Muspel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    7,837

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mumnoch View Post
    Hint:

    There's a difference between reactive healing and pro-active healing.
    Damage is high enough that you need reactive healing as well. Bosses can and will shred through absorb shields, especially if you don't get a crit, which will happen very often given that you do not have anywhere near a 100% crit rate.

    Relying on RNG for healing is a bad idea. As I noted earlier, it becomes less of a bad idea if your healing is broken up into smaller parts, as that drastically reduces the chances of seeing the worst-case scenario, but it's still not great.

  4. #19
    Champion
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    590

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Muspel View Post
    Damage is high enough that you need reactive healing as well. Bosses can and will shred through absorb shields, especially if you don't get a crit, which will happen very often given that you do not have anywhere near a 100% crit rate.

    Relying on RNG for healing is a bad idea. As I noted earlier, it becomes less of a bad idea if your healing is broken up into smaller parts, as that drastically reduces the chances of seeing the worst-case scenario, but it's still not great.
    That is why I said for some of the heal specs, not all. T2 + gear you hit CP cap fairly quickly and still have plenty of SP. I think you're wrong if you think CP isn't important to some of the healer callings but think however you wish.

  5. #20
    RIFT Guide Writer Muspel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    7,837

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mumnoch View Post
    That is why I said for some of the heal specs, not all. T2 + gear you hit CP cap fairly quickly and still have plenty of SP. I think you're wrong if you think CP isn't important to some of the healer callings but think however you wish.
    No, you didn't say that. You said that CP was better for shields because they couldn't overheal, which is nonsense.

  6. #21
    Champion
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    590

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Muspel View Post
    No, you didn't say that. You said that CP was better for shields because they couldn't overheal, which is nonsense.
    That is so not nonsense lol.

  7. #22
    Rift Master Dasmani's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    671

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mumnoch View Post
    That is so not nonsense lol.
    I've never known you to say anything that wasn't "buff cleric" or [nonsensical gibberish].

    You are so poorly informed that I would leave any raid group you led out of principle.

    It is the opinion of myself and this forum that not raiding at all would be better than raiding with you.

  8. #23
    Ascendant Primalthirst's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    5,832
    Last edited by Primalthirst; 05-24-2014 at 05:22 PM.
    Nope.

  9. #24
    Champion
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    590

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dasmani View Post
    I've never known you to say anything that wasn't "buff cleric" or [nonsensical gibberish].

    You are so poorly informed that I would leave any raid group you led out of principle.

    It is the opinion of myself and this forum that not raiding at all would be better than raiding with you.
    I try not to bring dead weight to raids, so not to worry you're safe.

    Representing the Forum huh? Didn't realize you represented Trion lol

    ahh, playground bullying at it's finest.
    Last edited by Mumnoch; 05-25-2014 at 02:08 AM.

  10. #25
    Rift Master Dasmani's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    671

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mumnoch View Post
    I try not to bring dead weight to raids, so not to worry you're safe.

    Representing the Forum huh? Didn't realize you represented Trion lol

    ahh, playground bullying at it's finest.
    If you wanted to avoid bringing dead weight to raids, you should delete your cleric.

    I'm speaking on behalf of the entire community of players when I say that you are an obnoxious, poorly informed, unhelpful individual with no business posting on these forums.

    tl;dr QFT.

  11. #26
    Champion
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    590

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dasmani View Post
    If you wanted to avoid bringing dead weight to raids, you should delete your cleric.

    I'm speaking on behalf of the entire community of players when I say that you are an obnoxious, poorly informed, unhelpful individual with no business posting on these forums.

    tl;dr QFT.
    Your rage over being wrong is funny.
    Last edited by Mumnoch; 05-25-2014 at 10:21 AM.

  12. #27
    RIFT Guide Writer Muspel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    7,837

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mumnoch View Post
    Your rage over being wrong is funny.
    Your inability to support your points, on the other hand, is hilarious. Your argument has been pretty thoroughly debunked, and your response was essentially "But I'm right!", which doesn't even remotely resemble a rebuttal.

    If you want people to take you seriously, then you need to actually engage the points that they put forward. As it is, you're worse than dday.

  13. #28
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    3,918

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mumnoch View Post
    Your rage over being wrong is funny.
    This is relevant
    Quote Originally Posted by wickede View Post
    please just stop posting your misinformation here
    Quote Originally Posted by Wickede
    how often you "snipe heals" is also important

  14. #29
    Ascendant Galibier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    10,460

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mumnoch View Post
    Your rage over being wrong is funny.
    Maybe this will make it more clear...as the devs have confirmed it in their reason for changing Puri the last time.

    Let's start with tanks. Tanks stack endurance. Why because HP is part of the effective mitigation equation. Shields are also part of that equation. Whether it be a Riftstalker blink or any tank shield CD. These boost effective mitigation. Then add in parry and dodge eliminate 100% damage using your logic one would think that a tank should go for parry, dodge etc because I mean if you can avoid 100% of the damage or seriously mitigate it with block/deflect they are better off right? Who needs the HP?

    Wrong...because RNG WILL fail you. When RNG fails you a hit will kill you because you do not have the necessary effective hp. The same applies here. Yeah a heavy Crit shield does look nice BUT in the end even a Crit shield will get blown away by a boss hit. If you stacked for Crit and Crit power your non-crit shields (at least 50% of the time) will be . This stacking crit at the expense of SP/AP makes for much more inconsistent healing. Such inconsistency will get you tank just as dead as the inconsistency of parry/dodge/block over end stacking.
    Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorius triumphs, even though checkered by failure... than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat.

  15. #30
    Champion
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    590

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Muspel View Post
    Your inability to support your points, on the other hand, is hilarious. Your argument has been pretty thoroughly debunked, and your response was essentially "But I'm right!", which doesn't even remotely resemble a rebuttal.

    If you want people to take you seriously, then you need to actually engage the points that they put forward. As it is, you're worse than dday.
    Stick to your DPS Muspel, you might be wrong less often.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts