+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Strengths and Weakness of 2.7 Healing Souls

Shadowlander

Default Strengths and Weakness of 2.7 Healing Souls

Can someone post a rough summary of what the new classes are able to do? Even with the PTS Soul tree it's still bleh trying to understand what the new souls (especially healing souls) are capable of doing if you don't have access to them on the PTS.

I'm asking this so I know how to organize raids after the reset tomorrow. For example

Sent - High ST Burst and Sustained Healing, mediocre AoE Healing
    Puri - Increases effective HP, good MT healer, limited in AoE healing if Flame of Life is on CD
    Warden - High Burst and Sustained AoE healing, hard to ST heal
    Chloromancer - Good Sustained AoE healing, can switch from tank heal to raid heal, can DPS while healing. Limited in burst AoE healing (2-3 wardens can handle Orbital Strike, 2-3 chloros cannot).
    Defiler - Good DPS, in raids reduces tank damage, in dungeons can be used as DPS healer if tank is overgeared.
    Physician - ???
    Liberator - ???

Bard vs. Oracle - ???

Arbiter v. Paladin v. Justicar v. Riftstalker - ???

As well as I remember, the warrior's healing soul is meant to be a raid healing spec while the rogue's one more of an ST healing soul. Although, they should both be able to solo heal expert dungeons (with a slightly better gear required for the warrior ofc since it is not meant to heal a tank).

But I have not tested them yet, I keep it a surprise

Ascendant

I know little of the Warrior's Liberator aside from it being an AoE-centric healer like Warden, though I believe it has some AoE shielding too.

Rogue's Physician is a tank healer that kind of straddles the fence between Purifier and Sentinel; it has stronger direct and burst healing than Purifier and has some shielding too unlike Senintel (but not as strong a shields as Purifier possesses).
    Last edited by Kedon; 05-07-2014 at 01:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kedon View Post
    I know little of the Warrior's Liberator aside from it being an AoE-centric healer like Warden, though I believe it has some AoE shielding too.

Rogue's Physician is a tank healer that kind of straddles the fence between Purifier and Sentinel; it has stronger direct and burst healing than Purifier and has some shielding too unlike Senintel (but not as strong a shields as Purifier possesses).
    Yes, and I've seen Freelancer/Warlord geared Physicians completely embarrass full Myrmidon cleric healers in warfronts. Even warriors seem to have a much higher aoe healing output than cleric and mage aoe healing.

The new healing souls need to be brought in line with existing healing souls or the clerics and mages may likely all decide to go dps... regardless of the abuse the clerics receive when doing so. But then, I've pumped out much more healing as Defiler than I did with the other healing souls, and I could even defend myself, where as, a Sent or Puri needs an assist to get an opponent off their backs.

+ Reply to Thread