+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Furyon13

Thread: Spears and Glaives?

Default Spears and Glaives?

Do you think they should be in the game for Clerics and Warriors?

They are in the game for warriors.

To throw you mean?

http://www.rifthead.com/items/catg/1/subcatg/7

There's a category of weapons called "Polearms" that includes spears, halberds, pikes...

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Dasmani View Post
    http://www.rifthead.com/items/catg/1/subcatg/7

There's a category of weapons called "Polearms" that includes spears, halberds, pikes...
    And Trion would have no problem making more of em spear and pike skins if they sell well.

Shadowlander

I would just be happy if they made guns and bows have different stats.

Had to decide on getting a gun or a bow to complete my PvP set. Realized they had the same exact stats, both with a preference for Dexterity. I'm a warrior.

WHYYYYYY.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Sinsaint View Post
    I would just be happy if they made guns and bows have different stats.

Had to decide on getting a gun or a bow to complete my PvP set. Realized they had the same exact stats, both with a preference for Dexterity. I'm a warrior.

WHYYYYYY.
    There are plenty of warrior (str heavy) ranged weapons. You sure you didnt click on rogue when you open up rift store or the PvP vendors?

As for why gun and bow has the same stats its because back in the days Guns are far superior weapon in PvP compare to bows for rogues. Because all gun attacks were instant hit regardless of distance from target while bows depending on range from targets has to deal with 0.2 to 1 second projectile delay before the attack could land and deal damage.

Bows with superior stats but at a disadvantage to guns in PvP and people started to QQ. So trion normalized ranged weapon projectile speed as well as all stats. So guns or bows is just a cosmetic preference.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by WarUltima View Post
    There are plenty of warrior (str heavy) ranged weapons. You sure you didnt click on rogue when you open up rift store or the PvP vendors?

As for why gun and bow has the same stats its because back in the days Guns are far superior weapon in PvP compare to bows for rogues. Because all gun attacks were instant hit regardless of distance from target while bows depending on range from targets has to deal with 0.2 to 1 second projectile delay before the attack could land and deal damage.

Bows with superior stats but at a disadvantage to guns in PvP and people started to QQ. So trion normalized ranged weapon projectile speed as well as all stats. So guns or bows is just a cosmetic preference.
    Nope, there isn't any kind of option for that. I get to choose between a gun or a bow with the same exact stats and both preferring Dex. Not the end of the world, just frustrating and dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by WarUltima View Post
    And Trion would have no problem making more of em spear and pike skins if they sell well.
    They should make double glocks for FL, double magnums for WL, mini cannons for MYR. Steam punk style. Should sell like hot cakes.

+ Reply to Thread