+ Reply to Thread

Thread: New to Rift!

Soulwalker

Default New to Rift!

Hello I'm new to Rift and having a hard time finding certain info on Chloromancer. Was wondering if any1 can answer a few ?'s for me. I would like to know what the stat priority is. I would also like to know what r the top 2 greaters i should be using for raiding. Any info would be greatly appreciated!

Shadowlander

Chloromancer (as is with all mages) is dependent on Intelligence first and Wisdom second. Spell Power is also important, but not as important as the other two.

With Chloromancer, your damage is going to be low. it's designed as a healing soul that does a little bit of DPS on the side. If you want something that's good for soloing out in the wilderness, Necromancer will probably be your best option, as a pet will take all of the damage instead of you. Once you get Soul Purge, your pet will become indestructible.

With Chloro, you are going to be very cooldown reliant. If you are planning as queuing as a healer once you hit 15, here are a few tips I'd strongly suggest:

Go into your interface>Combat options.
    Turn on Show only my buffs on party
    Turn on Show only my debuffs
    Turn on Show my target's target
    Turn on Cast on my target's target (VERY IMPORTANT)

In your Display options, turn on Change party frames to raid frames.

That will make healing a lot easier. I also find it helpful to make macros for different ability combinations. Since Chloro is very cooldown dependent, macros really help keep things organized.

I like to have about four different macros to use:
    Quick Heals (heals that have no cast time, or short cast times. Put a generic cast time heal on the bottom of the macro so that you can still cast when all of your cooldowns are spent. Use this to heal allies who need a quick spot heal)
    Damage (use when things are going smoothly and you don't need to constantly be on the tank to keep him alive, full of nothing but damage spells, arranged from longest cooldown to shortest).
    Large Heals(cast time heals that are directed at the tank. I also put in a few damage abilities that heal your synthesis target [who is the tank]. This is reserved for tank healing only)
    Cleanse (combining your AoE cleansing ability with your ST cleanse to save up room on your action bar)

Make sure to always put Synthesis on the tank, and use Lifegiving Veil if you have a tank or Lifebound Veil if you don't or if you're by yourself.

Good luck and have fun!

Shadowlander

Oh, and I believe the best greater essences for Chloro is a spell power buff on healing or attacking.

You can also fill your greater slots with lesser essences, which a lot of people do for raw stats.

Once you get to level 48, ask about how to get to Storm Legion content, and don't make any investments into important gear between 40-50, since you'll replace all of your gear once you hit 50 from the massive boost in equipment in Storm Legion content.

+ Reply to Thread