+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Classes (I'm Confused)

Soulwalker

Default Classes (I'm Confused)

So i've been checking a bunch of class guides to help me decide which class to choose. saw some rogue guide and i am planning a blade dancer rogue build. i Just started the game but don't know now which to choose because in game it has these different types of rogue which isn't in any guide i saw. e.g nightstalker, huntsamn, etc. and the ones on the guides are like. assassins, blade dancer, marksman etc.

Can anyone provide me with like a list or something. which one of those are the assassin, blade dancer, nightblade etc. (also the other jobs as well if available like warriors and clerics)

Tnx

Ascendant

If you've found a full guide (that also helps with the allocation of points on lower levels) just choose one of the presets (you have to in the beginning) and go to a class trainer to reset your souls. Then you can pick again, choose 'close' and behind that screen comes a screen where you can set your souls yourself and allocate points

The presets are good when you're new to the game and don't know your class / the talents / rotation very well. They get you started, you can play and the game 'hands you' the skills/talents. When you get to know them better/have more points to spend you can create/copy the 'best' builds for the class by choosing your own souls and points allocation

Quote Originally Posted by zidane207 View Post
    So i've been checking a bunch of class guides to help me decide which class to choose. saw some rogue guide and i am planning a blade dancer rogue build. i Just started the game but don't know now which to choose because in game it has these different types of rogue which isn't in any guide i saw. e.g nightstalker, huntsamn, etc. and the ones on the guides are like. assassins, blade dancer, marksman etc.

Can anyone provide me with like a list or something. which one of those are the assassin, blade dancer, nightblade etc. (also the other jobs as well if available like warriors and clerics)

Tnx
    If I'm not wrong, the "nightstalker", "huntsman" that your talking about is most probably those "premade" guided/template builds that we encounter during character creation.

These builds are often made by expert players who submitted them to the devs and got incorporated into character creation as a "guide" or "lead-me" type of build for players who are new to the game and don't quite know what "souls" to choose.

As for the "assassin", "bladedancer" and "marksman" that you see in guides on the forums, these are the "souls" that you get to choose for your character. And each character can choose three souls out of the pool of souls for the character's chosen "calling" (warrior, rogue, cleric or mage).

In short, one's a pre-made template with already chosen souls for the character and a pre-determined route for soul points allocation (skill points allocation in regular mmo terms).

The other is the actual souls that you can freely choose, by yourself, for your character and then allocate the soul points as you like into any of the three "souls" that you've chosen.

For example, during character creation, if I chose the "Mage" calling, then I will see various types of Mage "builds" like "Flamecaller", "Sage", "Summoner", etc. These are the pre-made builds.

And if you've chosen the "Sage" pre-made build, then the game would have automatically chosen your three souls for you, namely, "Necromancer", "Chloromancer" and "Elementalist". These are the "souls".

(During character creation, you can choose any of the pre-made builds. So long as when your within the game, you don't allocate any points into the trees yet, you can change and swap any of the three souls for the others.)

Refer:
    http://www.rifthead.com/stc
    Last edited by BuLaDiFu; 04-13-2014 at 05:34 AM.

After you have created your character, select a preset, then, when you are in the game just click the icon of one of the three souls, a popup should appear, select which one you want, spend points accordingly.

^comma central xD.
    60 Warrior (Farodsha@Zaviel) - 38 Mage (Derellabhe@Gelidra) - 28 Cleric (Zuodmi@Zaviel) - 12 Rogue (Nigeni@Typhiria)
    Proud member of Consortium@Zaviel.

+ Reply to Thread