+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 12 of 12

Thread: Magician/Summoner = Elementalist?

  1. #1
    Telaran Mirarii's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    40

    Default Magician/Summoner = Elementalist?

    I loved my Everquest Magician/EQII Summoner, from what I've read the Elementalist sounds very similar.

    Weak elemental magic combined with awesome elemental pets sounds like a mirror of one of my favorite classes, so I think this is going to be my default choice.

    Who else plans on mastering the elements?



    BTW, are they going to be a starter for the Guardians only? Or will the Defiants be able to get the Elementalist soul early on?

  2. #2
    Plane Touched
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Texas!
    Posts
    165

    Default

    I will be an elementalist

    I am so excited!

  3. #3
    Champion of Telara Nightbringer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Overthere
    Posts
    1,201

    Default

    I think I have a few Elementalist focused threads floating around somewhere

  4. #4
    Telaran Mirarii's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    40

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nightbringer View Post
    I think I have a few Elementalist focused threads floating around somewhere
    Well Rift Master Nightbringer, you should be able to confirm our beloved elemental master's being a starter for both factions???

  5. #5
    Sword of Telara CyclopsSlayer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Minneapolis, MN USA
    Posts
    794

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mirarii View Post
    Well Rift Master Nightbringer, you should be able to confirm our beloved elemental master's being a starter for both factions???
    While plans may change, the info was that the Pyromancer was the Guardian only starting soul, Warlock was Defiant only and Elementalist was neutral and available to both. Any souls can be used gained and used by anyone later.

  6. #6
    Champion of Telara Nightbringer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Overthere
    Posts
    1,201

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CyclopsSlayer View Post
    While plans may change, the info was that the Pyromancer was the Guardian only starting soul, Warlock was Defiant only and Elementalist was neutral and available to both. Any souls can be used gained and used by anyone later.
    This.

    Currently the elementalist is available to both factions as a starting soul.

  7. #7
    Telaran Mirarii's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    40

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nightbringer View Post
    This.

    Currently the elementalist is available to both factions as a starting soul.
    Better be.

  8. #8
    Telaran Dementzia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Atlanta, USA
    Posts
    56

    Default

    If it (the choices) is how it appears, then I will be an elementalist as well because of my experiences in EQ1 as a mage. I was also a main of Enchanter for 3 years. I was thinking of an elementalist with either pyro or dom soul mixed in or both.

  9. #9
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mirarii View Post
    I loved my Everquest Magician/EQII Summoner, from what I've read the Elementalist sounds very similar.

    Weak elemental magic combined with awesome elemental pets sounds like a mirror of one of my favorite classes, so I think this is going to be my default choice.

    Who else plans on mastering the elements?



    BTW, are they going to be a starter for the Guardians only? Or will the Defiants be able to get the Elementalist soul early on?
    I like this class too, but I am more interested in the following idea:
    Is it possible to get two pets when you unlock Necromancer (confirmed right?) as your another soul tree to train skills?
    Therefore, you will have one elemental pet and one skeleton at the same time..........

  10. #10
    Shadowlander Helgore's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    26

    Default

    Is it confirmed necromancers get pets?
    I loved the various eq2 necro pets.

  11. #11
    Rift Disciple Exelance's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    120

    Default

    Future master Elementalist here.

    as long as we are treated right this time that is. not in the mood for years of being worthless then being buffed to the level of OP. then nerfed again.

    still bitter that we are considered mid tier DPS in eq2 when we are harder to play than those pesky wizards and assassins.

    Pet stats and buffs i hope are done right by having them base off our stats OR maybe some unknown feature yet?

    dumb fire pets i hope are not DOTS with effects on them...
    Mahatma Gandhi, as you know, walked barefoot most of the time, which produced an impressive set of calluses on his feet. He also ate very little which made him rather frail and with his odd diet, he suffered from bad breath. This made himů.. A super calloused fragile mystic hexed by halitosis.

  12. #12
    Soulwalker Protanos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Odessa
    Posts
    15

    Default

    Elementalist = no dots, no pets only huge damage from all kind of elements.

+ Reply to Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts