+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Warrior or Cleric? (Yes, that question again)

Soulwalker

Default Warrior or Cleric? (Yes, that question again)

Hello everybody. First of all I would like to apologize for making such a topic asking for something you guys are probably tired of answering but I really need your help.
    After leveling my Mage up to level 25 I felt that it just isn't my Soul Calling. So, I'm looking for a new Soul Calling to start again from scratch. I'm curious about Warrior and Cleric but both seem quite interesting to me. I've seen a couple of builds and videos and it's really hard to choose. My question would be, which one of those two should I pick? Yes, I know the best way is to just experience it myself but I don't have a lot of free time and I just need to go with one. Besides, you guys are experienced and will probably know what's best for me.

Since you guys can't guess which one is the best for me to use, I'm going to list a couple of things you should consider:
    • I want to have a Soul Calling mostly for Solo Leveling. I like to explore the world of Rift by myself and, if possible since I already saw people who do it, I would like to Solo stronger mobs like Elite ones (I don't know if this is a stupid request),
    • I don't like to be squishy. That's one of the main reasons I didn't get along with mage. I want to be able to face enemies with confidence that I will be able to survive close encounters,
    • I love the idea of being a Tank in a party, but I also don't mind assuming the DPS role (although not preferable). So I would probably want a Soul Calling with roles for Solo Leveling, Dungeon/ Raid Tanking and a role for DPS just for the lulz or for when I don't feel like tanking,
    • The role I would probably dislike would be that of the Healer since (although I'm very fond of the idea) I don't like it all that much in this game, but I love the idea of being able to heal myself,
    • Finally, I really like fast and flashy skills (idk if this should be a criteria but oh well xD),

Considering this, if it's possible, I would like you guys to recomend me one of the Soul Calling I mentioned along with possible Soul combos that fit my the roles I want to play (which are mostly one for Solo Leveling and one for Dungeon/ Raid Tanking).

Much appreciated,

Either one will fit your criteria. Try both?

The only thing is if you're a cleric the "community" may expect you to heal, and the ruder members may have things to say when you don't.

Shadowlander

From your criteria, I think it best if you play Warrior. Warrior are extremely good in PvE and some soul let you be AOE.

However I had more fun playing as a Cleric.

Cleric are also great at PvE and some soul let you be AoE.

+ Reply to Thread