+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Tanking Training Dummies?

  1. #1
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    21

    Default Tanking Training Dummies?

    Is it possible for to have training dumbies that damage you and heal you after you attack them?

    It would be useful to have nice parses to determine how much dmg different builds take over long periods of regular damage.

    Cheers

  2. #2
    Ascendant irkiz's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    1,422

    Default

    There are tanking dummies in the dummy foundry on the PTS. In fact, there are all kinds of dummies there. Would be great if the dummy foundry could be brought to live though.
    Last edited by irkiz; 03-30-2014 at 03:04 AM.
    Pantz@Hailol
    Asia's best cleric

  3. #3
    Plane Touched
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    219

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by irkiz View Post
    There are tanking dummies in the dummy foundry on the PTS. In fact, there are all kinds of dummies there. Would be great if the dummy foundry could be brought to live though.
    Normally I'd get out my flame thrower here but..

    I actually agree. But how would the player live through it without a healer? I tend tos tay off the PTS. All the stupid ideas that manifest there make me want to slap someone (usually a dev or dumb player)

  4. #4
    Rift Master
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    623

    Default

    You just lost aggro... to a dummy, lol.

  5. #5
    RIFT Guide Writer Muspel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    7,837

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by darkzerofury View Post
    Normally I'd get out my flame thrower here but..

    I actually agree. But how would the player live through it without a healer?
    The tanking dummies heal you for the same amount of damage that they do, meaning that you can't die*.

    *Unless you're low enough level that they'd one-shot you.

  6. #6
    Telaran
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    73

    Default lifespring

    Good idea! Being healed by a dummy is kinda odd, i would prefer that there would be a giant lifespring placed, like those near rifts and onslaughts, that could heal nearby players by 100k a second, so you would not die.

  7. #7
    Plane Walker Furyon13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    457

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Muspel View Post
    The tanking dummies heal you for the same amount of damage that they do, meaning that you can't die*.

    *Unless you're low enough level that they'd one-shot you.
    So is it to check phys/magical mitigation?

  8. #8
    RIFT Guide Writer Muspel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    7,837

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Furyon13 View Post
    So is it to check phys/magical mitigation?
    Mostly, yes.

+ Reply to Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts