+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Purposes in Character Creation are different

Soulwalker

Default Purposes in Character Creation are different

http://steamcommunity.com/app/39120/...6966239809845/

Quote Originally Posted by Mage
    The Beginner

Summon your deadly allies from beyond the grave, be their great master. But never fear: what is dead can be resurrected. Build provided by Dunced.
    All of my classes show up as something like that, and I'm wondering if it's normal. I had RIFT installed a few months ago and took a break. I did have some addons installed at the time, but I remember clearing those out. This wouldn't be a huge issue, but I remember that the descriptions were more immersive, and didn't make use of OoC words like spec or build/guide. The credits sentence to some player is something I definitely don't remember.
    I made this post a little while ago. A little info that might relevant here rather than there: I was using the Trion Worlds launcher before, and now I'm running the game through the Steam Client. This might actually be better suited to the bug reports section, but I'm not sure if these texts are intended or not.
    Last edited by Etherain; 03-24-2014 at 07:06 PM.

The purpose system recently went through an overhaul and now includes player-created builds.
    Rahka@Wolfsbane

Quote Originally Posted by Crithappens View Post
    The purpose system recently went through an overhaul and now includes player-created builds.
    This.

The original purposes were, almost without exception, horrifically weak and terrible specs. Trion ran this contest to get player-submitted builds into the game, and many (but not all) of the purposes are now optimal, or at least close to it.

Pantz@Hailol
    Asia's best cleric

Soulwalker

Thanks for all the information guys! I didn't get very far in my last jaunt, so that might mean that the builds might have been the culprit.

+ Reply to Thread