+ Reply to Thread

Thread: which is the safer bet, warrior or cleric?

Soulwalker

Default which is the safer bet, warrior or cleric?

mages sound useless and rogues are warrior wannabes

i want to focus on a character that i will not regret putting effort into until the end of time. so warrior or cleric?

Quote Originally Posted by nubstar View Post

i want to focus on a character that i will not regret putting effort into until the end of time. so warrior or cleric?
    That is a question that can only be answered by you. No class is useless, no class is a wannabe of another class, they all have their strengths, weaknesses, and variations of playstyle.

Warriors and Clerics are almost as opposite as you can get... if you want lots of dps/tanking options, and like smacking crap in the face, go for warrior. If you want lots of specialized healing options, with the ability to tank and do some dps too, then go with cleric. As of 2.7, all callings can heal, support, tank, and DPS. Some do some roles better than others, depending on the situation.

My advice is to play both, see which you like, and continue on with that one.
    Soulraiser - 60 Cleric // Soulslayer - 60 Warrior // Soulshadow 60 Mage
    Faeblight NA
    http://www.dargaardknights.com
    Visit our recruiting thread HERE

Quote Originally Posted by nubstar View Post

*sniff* *sniff* I smell a troll looking for some food.

Like in any game, buffs and nerfs go in a cycle. What is good now might not be good later.
    ~ | Fiskerton | Fiskermage | Fiskerheals | Fiskerbear | ~

I'm a homeless stray of a raider

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Fiskerton View Post
    Like in any game, buffs and nerfs go in a cycle. What is good now might not be good later.
    Agree to a point.

Go read all the classes forums (warrior, cleric, rogue, mage) and there is one thing that has been valid for a long time. If you want to excel @ DPS go Warrior. If you want a range of situational souls go Cleric.

Warriors if you prefer to dps or clerics if you like to heal. Both classes will be always in strong positon cuz they have dedicated devs and since devs left rogues and mages they are minor concers for those devs who favours warriors and clerics.

Rift Disciple

If you play long enough, you will come to regret all of your choices.

Shadowlander

OP

You belong in this new generation of player who don't practice delay gratification. Everything has to be easy and instant now!

Here a tip: Play what is fun, after all isn't the whole point of playing game is to have fun?

+ Reply to Thread