+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Lannisterxx

Thread: Do the other classes have anything like harb?

Shadowlander

Default Do the other classes have anything like harb?

BACK STORY: Just recently came back to the game, after deciding to get at least one class to 60 (had a mage and warrior at 50 for over a year, just had zero interest in getting to 60), I started playing the mage again, he was a pyromentalist (because fire), I had heard about the Harbinger being amazing dps and the only build for mages, so after MANY hours of trying to work out the rotations and macros, I got him working. OMFG that is a seriously fun build to play, I dont know how effective it really it in end game given the melee squishyness of a mage. But it has REALLY made me want to get to 60 (currently 54).

Question: Is there anything like this in the other classes? Or something that has the same dps output? I was using a beastmaster on my warrior and while it was ok, it just wasnt that fun. I am not interested in tanking or healing while levelling so its just dps for levelling.

Cheers....

RIFT Guide Writer

Paragon, Tempest, Shaman, and Sin can all keep up or beat Harb's DPS.

The closest parallel to Harb would be Paragon. Same range boosting skill, same/better melee ST DPS. Primary differences are that harb has bigger ramp-up, Eldritch Procs, and Ascension where Paragon has tons more crit chance, chain attacks, and Alacrity (Makes any use of 3 specific skills hit twice for next 10s).
    Meciel - Mage - Defer Death - Greybriar
    12/12 T1, 14/15 T2, 1/9 T3

Most people find harbinger fun because of the eldritch gift proc rotation and the fact you can hybrid it with so many things. Unfortunately, there isnt any spec thats as proc based on the other classes. Theyre all mostly pure rotation. Although that isnt to say they arent fun; they each have their own fun aspect.
    ~ | Fiskerton | Fiskermage | Fiskerheals | Fiskerbear | ~

I'm a homeless stray of a raider

What I like most about Harb for is the Chlorobringer, build. Where your Chloromancer healing aura's synergize with your life based damage abilities in Harbinger. It makes the build ideal for soloing in, or doing public-groups/instant-adventures.

While both warriors and rogues get their passive self healing, with Recovery Posture and Leeching Poison those aren't nearly as good as the harbringer. What comes close is the Cleric's Druidicar build where you use both Aid of the Forest and Salvation to self heal. Which is much less vulnerable to spike damage compared to the harb, due to extra armor and endurance. but heals allies for less also the DPS is not equal.

Plane Touched

for lvling Nothing like harb. Once you're 60.... you'll of wished you rolled a warrior.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fyrestorme
    cinderburst is a 20% proc or ur doin it wrong

No spec is really like Harbinger at all, no other class has a proc mechanic even close to Eldritch Armor and no other competitive single-target spec has the same burst AoE/cleave capability. Harbinger is by far the strongest spec in the game at its job, people just kick up a fuss because it isn't the best at Paragon/Assassin's job which they seem to think is the only important one.
    Last edited by Primalthirst; 03-11-2014 at 05:18 AM.
    Nope.

Quote Originally Posted by Zwets View Post
    While both warriors and rogues get their passive self healing, with Recovery Posture and Leeching Poison those aren't nearly as good as the harbringer. What comes close is the Cleric's Druidicar build where you use both Aid of the Forest and Salvation to self heal. Which is much less vulnerable to spike damage compared to the harb, due to extra armor and endurance. but heals allies for less also the DPS is not equal.
    Rogues don't use Leeching Poison in our soloing specs, actually. We used Curative Engine and Boosted Recovery, as Assassin is fairly weak for soloing.

Quote Originally Posted by Primalthirst View Post
    No spec is really like Harbinger at all, no other class has a proc mechanic even close to Eldritch Armor and no other competitive single-target spec has the same burst AoE/cleave capability. Harbinger is by far the strongest spec in the game at its job, people just kick up a fuss because it isn't the best at Paragon/Assassin's job which they seem to think is the only important one.
    Shaman?
    Bladedancer?
    Cheesecakesandwich - Mage 70 | Wrecking - Warrior 70
    Italiansausage - Cleric 70 | Snaplemouton - Rogue 67
    Primalsandwich - Primalist 70
    I'm a grand connoisseur of the most delicate dish known as the poutine.

Quote Originally Posted by Snap View Post
    Shaman?
    Bladedancer?
    Bladedancer's ST DPS cannot compete with Harbinger's.

Quote Originally Posted by Muspel View Post
    Bladedancer's ST DPS cannot compete with Harbinger's.
    Mmh didn't think bladedancer ST was in such a bad state.

Well Shaman still looks a lot like harbinger.
    The main difference being the eldritch proc versus magical/physical rotation

Quote Originally Posted by Snap View Post
    Mmh didn't think bladedancer ST was in such a bad state.
    Bladedancer serves the role of providing powerful AoE and ST in the same spec, but its ST is not on par with the top ST specs (if it were, it would be overpowered).

Quote Originally Posted by Muspel View Post
    Bladedancer serves the role of providing powerful AoE and ST in the same spec, but its ST is not on par with the top ST specs (if it were, it would be overpowered).
    Well obviously.
    But Harbinger is far from being at the top either.

Shaman doesn't really deliver it's AoE like Harbinger at all. When Harbinger does AoE it's on a CD and it bursts extremely hard without any reduction to ST output, that makes it great for things like Crystals on Inyr'kta. Shaman can deliver solid AoE, but it's nowhere near the level of burst that Harbinger can, that's what I was getting at.

People act like Harbinger is miles behind, it's about 10% on pure ST, any closer and it would be quite overpowered given how great the AoE burst is.
    Nope.

+ Reply to Thread