+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By SoulshadowDK

Thread: Best tank class thats for end game

Soulwalker

Default Best tank class thats for end game

Can someone help me here I been playing WoW just want some thing else for MMos
    Whats the best race, class tank here that works out at the end also:P

Cleric, Rogue, or Warrior.

*and mage

every class has (or will have) a tanking spec that can tank all content
    ~ | Fiskerton | Fiskermage | Fiskerheals | Fiskerbear | ~

I'm a homeless stray of a raider

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by masterdarkjedi View Post
    Can someone help me here I been playing WoW just want some thing else for MMos
    Whats the best race, class tank here that works out at the end also:P
    Just going to sum things up from my experience:

Clerics:
    Do least dmg, have least health, have a 100% battle rez, have huge AOE threat Gen, their atks tick small heals on themselves and others

Rogues:
    Have most health, does decent dmg, have most movement abilities, has moderate to great AOE threat Gen (requires proper moving around to generate)

Wars:
    Have most Dmg, has decent Health, have the most "tricks" for pulling mobs/getting to mobs, most cooldowns and a huge heal for the raid.

The above is just a general breakdown to give you a idea of the different tanking classes. As other's have said...they can all do endgame content.
    Last edited by Mumnoch; 03-09-2014 at 02:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mumnoch View Post
    Just going to sum things up from my experience:

Clerics:
    Do least dmg, have least health, have a 100% battle rez, have huge AOE threat Gen, their atks tick small heals on themselves and others

Rogues:
    Have most health, does decent dmg, have most movement abilities, has moderate to great AOE threat Gen (requires proper moving around to generate)

Wars:
    Have most Dmg, has decent Health, have the most "tricks" for pulling mobs/getting to mobs, most cooldowns and a huge heal for the raid.

The above is just a general breakdown to give you a idea of the different tanking classes. As other's have said...they can all do endgame content.
    You forgot:

Clerics:

- Have a battle res <- this needs to be stated multiple times ;) For 10man especially and 20man as well, 1-2 extra battle resses is very useful for progression (IMO)
    - Have a purge
    - Are the recommended tank in any fight where adds need to be picked up from range. Which is basically most fights.

Warrior:

- Have a purge
    - Have multiple tanking souls to pick and choose from

Rogues

- Can temporarily increase the heath of all party members
    - Can increase their damage by switching phase etc
    - Have the most defensive CD's of any tank class
    - Incoming damage can be very spikey

At the moment, if you want to tank I would strongly advocate Cleric, they are way way OP (IMO) at the moment (in tanking terms) for Raid boss fights.
    Last edited by Gethzerion; 03-10-2014 at 12:47 AM.
    PvP Rank: 88/90 | PA: 1277/1277 | CQ Power: 200k | Score: 15285 | Tradeskills: All Grandmastered
    4/4 GP | 4/4 DH | 5/5 GSB | 5/5 RoS (Conq.) | 11/11 HK | 4/4 RotP | 2/8 ID | 4/4 PF | 4/4 TotDQ | 4/5 EE | 4/4 FT | 4/4 GA | IG 2/3 | PB 3/5
    Getting More and More Disillusioned By The Day

Rift Disciple

Technically, you can use any class to tank. Realistically, if there is a cleric tank in the guild, chances are the cleric will be tanking.

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Harrodon View Post
    Technically, you can use any class to tank. Realistically, if there is a cleric tank in the guild, chances are the cleric will be tanking.
    Not saying that cleric tanks are not strong...but I think most guilds go with cleric tanks because it takes a higher level skill cap for Rogue/Warrior's to tank. Which is inverse to the level of skill it takes for Rogue/Warrior's to DPS (IE it's easy to top DPS parses with Rogue/Warrior's but hard to hold aggro).

I only say this because it's a common complaint I hear in my guild from War's/Rogues. "Our most complicated rotation/spec is our tank(s) spec".

For cleric tanks it's the opposite. It's a very easy and straight forward concept to tank as a cleric, but to maximize your DPS as a cleric takes a complicated rotation with you having to make decision's on the fly to maximize.

Quote Originally Posted by Mumnoch View Post
    I only say this because it's a common complaint I hear in my guild from War's/Rogues. "Our most complicated rotation/spec is our tank(s) spec".
    Any rogue that says that is crazy. Riftstalker is incredibly simple.
    Last edited by Muspel; 03-10-2014 at 05:53 PM.

Soulwalker

going with war tank pld

Pick 1 of the 3 (4) and go with it. Wanna standout? Raid lead while you're tanking. Simply tanking is a waste.

#retiredBear #teamBBCs #puffForeverMad

Quote Originally Posted by masterdarkjedi View Post
    going with war tank pld
    Just wanted to also mention that you aren't stuck with one role, like tanking, throughout the game. Generally, you don't want to level as a straight tank, you wont die much, but will take forever to kill things. You can have up to 20 role slots and the first 2-3 are really cheap to get. You will want to check out the guides section for warriors, and find a Solo build that works well for you,with a good mix of dps and survivability. There are several options depending on how you like to play, I liked champ/pali. Then use your full pali tank role for rifts, worldevents, and dungeons along the way.
    Soulraiser - 60 Cleric // Soulslayer - 60 Warrior // Soulshadow 60 Mage
    Faeblight NA
    http://www.dargaardknights.com
    Visit our recruiting thread HERE

+ Reply to Thread