+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: New souls,Defining a class question.

Telaran

Default New souls,Defining a class question.

Well as alot know the new souls are to be released very soon.What i wanted to ask everyone was their opinion on what they thought about what is means for their classes specifically.As a "Warrior" i chose this particular class as i knew i would be able to inflict damage and i could get a new big axe to swing,now with these new souls in place what is defining these classes apart from each other now? we can all heal tank dps and support something that only some classes could do at one point ,point is its like we have classes that have all been rolled into one ,sure the way the abilities are different to each other might be different but in effect for the same purpose ,i never wanted to heal as a warrior personally if i did back in the day i would of chosen a mage or cleric.Dont think i am trolling,but if i was someone new to the game i would be in a very confused state right now on which class to be pursuing.

Rift's classes have always been defined more on playstyle than what they can do. This is based on their resource, mechanics and general rotation

Not to mention, there are still defining archetypes existing:

warrior has the most tank souls
    cleric has the most healing souls
    rogue has the most (played at a raid level anyway) melee dps souls
    mage has the most ranged dps souls

Every calling is still necessary in raiding because they each bring something the others don't. I feel that Trion has been successful in creating multiple roles while still retaining the feeling of each calling.
    Last edited by Fiskerton; 03-06-2014 at 05:37 PM.
    ~ | Fiskerton | Fiskermage | Fiskerheals | Fiskerbear | ~

I'm a homeless stray of a raider

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Fiskerton View Post
    Rift's classes have always been defined more on playstyle than what they can do. This is based on their resource, mechanics and general rotation

Not to mention, there are still defining archetypes existing:

warrior has the most tank souls
    cleric has the most healing souls
    rogue has the most (played at a raid level anyway) melee dps souls
    mage has the most ranged dps souls

Every calling is still necessary in raiding because they each bring something the others don't. I feel that Trion has been successful in creating multiple roles while still retaining the feeling of each calling.
    Well true warrior do have the most but how many are used ?voidknight seems to be the one overall or even paladin the rest arent really worth it ,sure cleric have the most healing souls but they also have the best agro in the game tank wise ,i agree with rogue and mage but alot were concerned with some of the souls being very badly broken and throwing in another soul for each class .
    Last edited by Tedane; 03-07-2014 at 03:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tedane View Post
    Well true warrior do have the most but how many are used ?voidknight seems to be the one overall or even paladin the rest arent really worth it ,sure cleric have the most healing souls but they also have the best agro in the game tank wise ,i agree with rogue and mage but alot were concerned with some of the souls being very badly broken and throwing in another soul for each class .
    Void Knight, Paladin, Beastmaster, Paragon, Tempest and Champion. Multiple hybrid too.
    That's a lot of souls that are usually used and competitive (For PvE).

Compare this to the other classes...
    Cleric: Defiler, Warden, Purifier, Shaman, Inquisitor, Justicar
    Rogue: Assassin, Ranger, Marksman(For utility only), Saboteur, Riftstalker, Bladedancer
    Mage: Chloro, Warlock, Harbinger, Archon. Multiple Archon hybrid.

If anything, mage got the least useful souls with rogues being close behind.
    Warriors are currently top at nearly everything they do. Best DPS in both melee and range single target. The tank with the most utilities and on demand shields with impressive DPS. 50/50 support with archon hybrids.

As for the new souls, I'll happily heal with my warrior, tank with my mage, won't care about my rogue and laugh at my cleric getting a support spec.
    Last edited by Snap; 03-07-2014 at 12:08 PM.
    Cheesecakesandwich - Mage 70 | Wrecking - Warrior 70
    Italiansausage - Cleric 70 | Snaplemouton - Rogue 67
    Primalsandwich - Primalist 70
    I'm a grand connoisseur of the most delicate dish known as the poutine.

Soulwalker

In theory, what you said is true. Now tell me why each class got like 3 viable builds, the rest being considered inferior.

Quote Originally Posted by Ashtargil View Post
    In theory, what you said is true. Now tell me why each class got like 3 viable builds, the rest being considered inferior.
    You may want to count again.

Cleric: Warden, Purifier, Defiler, Inquisitor, Shaman, Justicar
    Mage: Pyromancer, Necromancer, Harbinger, Chloromancer, Archon
    Rogue: Bladedancer, Marksman, Ranger, Assassin, Bard, Riftstalker, Saboteur
    Warrior: Champion, Riftblade, Paragon, Tempest, Void Knight, Reaver, Paladin

Soulwalker

I said builds, not souls.

Then take everything other than Beastmaster and Archon that Muspel said and add "61" in front of it.

BYAM!
    Rahka@Wolfsbane

what's the difference? nearly every used spec right now is 61 [soul]
    ~ | Fiskerton | Fiskermage | Fiskerheals | Fiskerbear | ~

I'm a homeless stray of a raider

Quote Originally Posted by Fiskerton View Post
    what's the difference? nearly every used spec right now is 61 [soul]
    Yeah but there are also viable hybrids for each class ;)

Quote Originally Posted by Soulshield View Post
    Yeah but there are also viable hybrids for each class ;)
    Not for clerics
    Pantz@Hailol
    Asia's best cleric

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Snap View Post
    Void Knight, Paladin, Beastmaster, Paragon, Tempest and Champion. Multiple hybrid too.

Rogue: Assassin, Ranger, Marksman(For utility only), Saboteur, Riftstalker, Bladedancer

Warriors are currently top at nearly everything they do. Best DPS in both melee and range single target. The tank with the most utilities and on demand shields with impressive DPS. 50/50 support with archon hybrids.

As for the new souls, I'll happily heal with my warrior, tank with my mage, won't care about my rogue and laugh at my cleric getting a support spec.
    when i mentioend voidknight and paladin i was just referring to tank souls as another poster mentioned about warriors having most tank souls when only 61 voidknight and paladin are actually used.
    Last edited by Tedane; 03-07-2014 at 08:51 PM.

Telaran

Sorry as i woudlnt let me post i just copy and pasted this

Quote Originally Posted by Snap View Post

when i mentioned voidknight and paladin i was just referring to tank souls as another poster mentioned about warriors having most tank souls when only 61 voidknight and paladin are actually ,if you look we have more active dps souls atm .Tempest has the best burst for ranged for sure but the burst is only sustainable every 15 seconds a minute the dps will level down ,true it is in the higher regions of the dps tables but i wouldnt say it tops in every encounter ,very handy to use on bosses that have a damage increase phase the numbers get stupidly high.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Muspel View Post

Mage: Warlock, Harbinger, Chloromancer, Archon
    Fixed. you really can't have pyromancer and necromancer on a list of currently viable builds and leave out warlock
    Last edited by Gruntled; 03-07-2014 at 09:41 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Frailaq View Post

tl;dr - Trion should do this: Melee = Turret Ranged > Mobile Ranged

Plane Touched

Addind these new souls will bring more life into pvp is what i think, more hybridization options hopefully. warrior and rogue can get some slight selfhealing hybrids etc, clerics can get more buffs, mages can hybrid it up to be more beefy
    Flukeyy
    <Deep And Dry>

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast