+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Not finding warrior fun.

Default Not finding warrior fun.

I've made it to 50 on my warrior and I am trying to find some way to have fun with him. I've tanked most of the dungeons up to the Exodus of the Storm Queen, I find tanking somewhat okay but a bit dull. I've been trying out the paralord spec a bit recently and it's decent but I'm told later on raiders will readily expect me to tank as WAR and not really DPS, if I go that route.

Either way, it still feels quite boring in many ways, I enjoyed PVPing on tempest and that was about all the fun I had with him, until the nerf. I attempted paralord in PVP but found it abysmal, the utility of stuns and a sprint were refreshing but the damage was laugh-worthy.

I think I am at the point where I may want to switch to a different soul, perhaps mage, as thats all I've played aside of tanks in MMOs. I even gave Beastmaster a try, that could be a fun soul, but its a bit broken not having three pets like the other pet classes, having to keep bleeds up and target switching, etc.

If anyone has any ideas or thinks I should just 'go play my mage," any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Rift Disciple

Within the context of tanking, if you've found any/all of the tanking souls boring on Warrior, then don't try Cleric. Rogue however is pretty interesting for tanking.

Having said that, if you usually enjoy Mage archetypes....

...go mage.

They're also getting a tank soul come 3.0 if you are still interested in tanking occasionally

RIFT Guide Writer

Quote Originally Posted by Visionmaker View Post
    Either way, it still feels quite boring in many ways, I enjoyed PVPing on tempest and that was about all the fun I had with him, until the nerf. I attempted paralord in PVP but found it abysmal, the utility of stuns and a sprint were refreshing but the damage was laugh-worthy.
    ^ don't go mage then, or do but recognize the learning curve is sharp. Tempest kicks butt. As far as raids go, cleric tanks are generally preferred, and warriors are some of the best dps in the game when raiding. Mages will almost always be asked to chloro or pyrochon before dps, so getting a raid slot as mage dps will take longer. I can't speak to the pvp side of things, but I can say that, if you truely dont enjoy warrior come hang with us mages but understand the grass is not always greener and it is not easy to just pick up mage and run with it. I suggest hanging in there through the SL content if you were bored tanking in old world stuff, it may just be because old world stuff has been nerfed into the ground and is boring. SL is a whole different world, and you everything about a class changes at sixty. You really can't know what playing any calling feels like until then. This is coming from someone who chooses to mage, and is tierd of people rolling it then qqing that it is under powered because they can't get the difficult priority casting systems of many of our specs right.

Quote Originally Posted by Visionmaker View Post
    I've been trying out the paralord spec a bit recently and it's decent but I'm told later on raiders will readily expect me to tank as WAR and not really DPS, if I go that route.
    Warrior DPS is pretty much tops atm, and a balanced raid shouldn't have more than 1 War tanking at a time so I don't quite understand this. Unless you mean that you only intended to run Para/WL as DPS in raids, which isn't going to work since you'll need to have a wide variety of builds in raiding for any role and any class.
    I attempted paralord in PVP but found it abysmal, the utility of stuns and a sprint were refreshing but the damage was laugh-worthy.
    I ran Para/WL from 50-60 using a couple huge macros and a few utility buttons, it doesn't have burst like Tempest but its offensive output is still pretty good. It was rare for me to drop under a 10:1 KD, even with a lazy 2-button build. There must've been some major issue in your setup.

I even gave Beastmaster a try, that could be a fun soul, but its a bit broken not having three pets like the other pet classes, having to keep bleeds up and target switching, etc.
    BM is OP for raids. And most pet classes are terrible.
    Last edited by Fudily; 03-03-2014 at 11:52 PM.
    Kukri @Deepwood
    <-VIRUS->

Quote Originally Posted by Gunzip View Post
    I wish there was a way to record combat logs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gunzip View Post
    Why can't sab have GTAE for its traps? This cast time is really lame, its 2014, make it so.

+ Reply to Thread