+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Rift Scene Best In Slot tool/calculator

Default Rift Scene Best In Slot tool/calculator

Is the information presented here accurate? I am getting very different information from guild members in regards to stat weights compared to what that tool says.

I get that stat weights change a bit as you gain more of stat (like getting close to the CP cap, CP becomes less valuable).

Case in point: The Cloth drops out of IDH are listed as the highest scored T1 gear for all Mage specs in their respective slots, yet I am being told that only ever healers want them (as they are high SP pieces). However, should there not be a CP piece for that slot, I would think that a DPS would very much rather have those over SC gear such as Ragetide Robes (spell power) > Desolate Robes (spell crit).

Also: CP = 0.67 on that tool for 61 Warlock, while I'm being told it's 1.30 (or something pretty far above 1.0)

So, yay or nay on using that Rift Scene tool? If nay, where would accurate information be found?

Our guild is getting people geared up, and quite often people are passing on gear that they believe to be inferior, yet the weights on Rift Scene say otherwise.
    Last edited by KelbornOrdo; 02-25-2014 at 09:42 PM.

The stat weight values from from when SL first launched, so they're quite old. You can change the values to what you're recommend in other guides and/or by guildies to sort the items to your preferred stat weightings .

That doesn't exactly tell me where to find accurate information, but thanks anyway.

I should note that what I'm getting from guildies is more along the lines of "ridiculously high number that doesn't seem likely" to "that looks wrong". Neither of which tell me anything useful when I want to compare drops.

So far the only weights for Mages that I'm finding that look accurate are for DPS specs. That's all well and good, but I'm really trying to find Chloro weights.

Finella has a fantastic spreadsheet for Clerics that I've been using for my alt. Can't seem to find anything similar for other classes though. Getting my Rogue up to 60 soon and plan to be tanking, and would like to know if those weights for Rogue Tank on Rift Scene are still accurate or not too.

Rift Disciple

Afaik SP is infact more valuable to a healer in general, though I can't weigh in too much as I'm not too keen on how mage healing works. I believe SOME CP would be useful, as mage heals are based off of damage dealt.

Quote Originally Posted by Stroman View Post
    Afaik SP is infact more valuable to a healer in general, though I can't weigh in too much as I'm not too keen on how mage healing works. I believe SOME CP would be useful, as mage heals are based off of damage dealt.
    Mage heals are based off cast time now. But the heal procs can crit, which is why SC/CP isn't weighted at 0. Chloro does favor SP, as all healers do. SP/AP is the baseline of 1 for all souls/callings.

The Rift Scene tool has CP at 0.6 for LGV (raid heals) and 0.67 for LBV (tank heals). That seems accurate weight. However, it also has CP weighted at 0.63 for 61 Lock which does not seem accurate at all. One post I found said that CP for Lock is 0.84, but I'm being told buy a guildie that "that looks wrong too."

What I'm really looking for at Chloro is accurate weight for INT and SC. Rift Scene has those at 1.14 / 0.27 LGV and 1.19 / 0.33 LBV. Should either of those be higher, lower?
    Last edited by KelbornOrdo; 02-26-2014 at 10:43 AM.

aru
    Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by KelbornOrdo View Post
    The Rift Scene tool has CP at 0.6 for LGV (raid heals) and 0.67 for LBV (tank heals). That seems accurate weight. However, it also has CP weighted at 0.63 for 61 Lock which does not seem accurate at all. One post I found said that CP for Lock is 0.84, but I'm being told buy a guildie that "that looks wrong too."

What I'm really looking for at Chloro is accurate weight for INT and SC. Rift Scene has those at 1.14 / 0.27 LGV and 1.19 / 0.33 LBV. Should either of those be higher, lower?
    There are no public stat weights or spreadsheets that are up to date. Rift Scene was never accurate in the first place, due to the nature of variable gear and the rotations used to derive those weights.

The build that the Lock weights are based off of on Rift Scene is the outdated 8 Pyro build. That said, I crit slightly more in Lock than I do in Chloro, so 0.84 sounds a lot more accurate than 1.3.

There are no "accurate" weights for healing, due to the non-binary nature of healing; highest min. values (stack SP) vs. highest average values (what stat sheets use).

+ Reply to Thread