+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Fastest paced Class

Soulwalker

Default Fastest paced Class

after playing SWTOR, GW2 e.t.c I noticed that most of the classes are (and battles) are fairly slow, so what it the class that is the most fast paced?

Rogue, probably, as we have a 1 second GCD in all of our specs. (As opposed to other classes, that only have them for certain specs.)

Quote Originally Posted by Muspel View Post
    Rogue, probably, as we have a 1 second GCD in all of our specs. (As opposed to other classes, that only have them for certain specs.)
    Agreed for same reason. Much faster decision making required.
    Xenohart
    http://www.fractureguild.enjin.com/ | twitch.tv/xenohartgaming
    4/4 TDQ | 4/4 FT | 5/5 EE | 4/4 GA | 3/3 IG | 4/5 PB | 2/4 BOB 4/4 minis
    I just make it look easy sometimes. ~Daglar

Iri
    Champion

I actually don't think the gcd is a major deciding factor, as mage and cleric both have souls with 1s gcd, and I actually find both of them to be faster paced than the rogue specs I've messed with... although that should be taken with a grain of salt as I play much more cleric and mage than rogue. Regardless, to me managing harbinger's internal cds and vorpal correctly requires more constant split second decision making, while shaman is just bat**** crazy button mashing. Rogue specs generally seem a bit more deliberate.
    Quote Originally Posted by Daglar View Post
    I wanted to come out and say the following pretty definitively: There is no goal to make DPS clerics that DPS do less damage than other callings.

You can find fast pacing in all of the classes. Harbinger and to a lesser extent Chloromancer are fast-paced for Mages, and Pyromancer arguably is as well. Paragon is for Warriors. Shaman can be for Clerics, depending on how you play it, and healing can be fast-paced depending on the encounter. Rogue souls all have innate 1s GCDs, it's true, but Rogues generally have simpler specs. Harbinger and Paragon are the most fast-paced and engaging DPS souls (and both are currently the highest-DPS for their calling).
    Last edited by Ianto Jones; 02-26-2014 at 01:30 AM.

RIFT Guide Writer

Define "fast paced". Many button presses or lots of decision making?

Tons of button pressing, you've got Rogues in general for that. Certain souls, such as Shaman, Tempest, Necromancer, Elementalist, and Inquisitor in various callings are also like that.

If you're talking about making a lot of impactful decisions constantly then Mages and Certain warrior specs excel.
    Meciel - Mage - Defer Death - Greybriar
    12/12 T1, 14/15 T2, 1/9 T3

+ Reply to Thread