+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Mage gets no love.

Soulwalker

Default Mage gets no love.

been playing this game for a few months and i noticed 1 major problem with this game. every other class is well suited for pvp except mage.

it seems like mage class may have been nerfed to nothing before i even started playing.

everyone says make a pyro build for pvp but that defeats the purpose of having 8 souls to chose from and the ability to combine three. each soul should be usfull in its own way to allow creativity when making a build.

but no... mages are pigionholed into specing at least 11, 16, 22, or 40 deep in pyro just to get basic tools all mages should have. a movement ability (flicker) a shield, a root , a stun, and burst damage some sword swinging warrior cant just shrugg off and keep coming.

but even running full pyro fails when a warrior tenpest does crazy sustainable MAGIC damage and can still be somewhat tanky on top of that. cleric Inquisitor also does more sustanable damage, and can also be a little tanky with quality self heals available.

but tempest is a pay soul and clerics who run as dps in wf get verbaly abused so. mage fans can roll a mage and make their own personal build that works in theory (even a cooky cutter pyro build) just to find out they are no match for some brute swinging a sword, or some rogue who can not only sneak attack with crazy melee damage but also do equal damage with a bow for free.

the fact that the warrior tempest does the type of damage that all dps mage souls should be able to do is the ultimate slap in the face for mage fans. but even that gets over shadowed by rogues that in just one build can be completly effective at all ranges. just 5 or 6 deep in mm. 40 deep in sin and the rest in rs can beat any mage build at any range.

then non tempest warriors and rogues only need to get in close for 2 or less secs to do devistating damage to a mage. but a mage has to kite forever to take a melee class out, while at any time one stun/root from the sword swinger could end it for the mage.

i'm not asking for anything to be nerfed. i just want a few changes made to a few mage souls to give mages a better shot in pvp.

1. move a fully funtional Flicker to the 0 point tier in pyro soul.
    2. move a fully funtional Deaths Eddict to the 0 point tier of the Dom soul (seriosly transmogrofy with a ct and long cd and breaks on damage? no one needs that ever. just give us a full functional trans as 16 point perk)
    3. all moves that remove dots should also remove bleeds. thet goes for all classes as i have played 3 of the four classes and none has a way to stop bleeds.
    4. all spamable ct burst moves in all mage souls should = 70-80% of the damage of warrior tempest's charged pules double pules combo when equal points are specked in dps souls. mage ct burst moves with cd should = 150% or more of the tempest charged pulse,double pulse combo when equal points are specked in dps souls.

#s 1 and 2 are so any full 61 mage build can have at least 2 must have tools available to them in addition to there own strategies. (much easier to set up a bunch of dots or something non bursty when u can stop your opponent for a few seconds and so on).

# 3 seems obvious. i really hope it wasn't intentional to have bleeds be the only dots that cant be stopped. just fix this please.

# 4 with most of the mages burst damage tied up in ct moves, the burst should be worth the wait. while mages have to wait 1.5 to 4 or so secs to get some good burst, melee classes and archers build up to there big damage attacks by using damaging attacks. so mages should get a major damage bonus for just standing there in front of a nonstop attacking enemy.

just my $10 worth of 2 cents, but it seams like mage is the red head stepchild of rift classes, i really wish mage was the glass cannon it is suposed to be. as of now it is a glass pea shooter against tanks (always tanks omg. every player of another class i attack has some tankyness too them) and healers (... repeditly silencing them isnt even enough some times...)

i support 1, 2, and 3
    stormhak stormbar stormkvinde kagestorm stormelver

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Rahak View Post
    i support 1, 2, and 3
    yea not being able to cleans bleeds was the last straw for me. lol just make physical attacks even more op why dont ya

i was beginning to believe the devs just weren't mage fans. lol they like the old "hero with the big sword" as the strong leader and view mages as like "the sniveling side kick"

on every tv show, book, comic book, manga, or movie that features a wizard/sorcerer. the r always stronger than sword swingers.

now i remember the old DnD cartoon with the newbie mage screwing up spells and stuff. but a lvl 60 mage on rift is a master mage and should be powerful enough to do 1 sword swinger the way that 1 sword swinger can currently do a mage.

thats why i think any mage build should be capable of tempest level (or more) sustainable damage output.

Shield of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Orochimarru View Post
    yea not being able to cleans bleeds was the last straw for me. lol just make physical attacks even more op why dont ya

i was beginning to believe the devs just weren't mage fans. lol they like the old "hero with the big sword" as the strong leader and view mages as like "the sniveling side kick"

on every tv show, book, comic book, manga, or movie that features a wizard/sorcerer. the r always stronger than sword swingers.

now i remember the old DnD cartoon with the newbie mage screwing up spells and stuff. but a lvl 60 mage on rift is a master mage and should be powerful enough to do 1 sword swinger the way that 1 sword swinger can currently do a mage.

thats why i think any mage build should be capable of tempest level (or more) sustainable damage output.

I WOULDNT say no love I would say HATE because every single difficult and competitive dps soul have been destroyed. People gonna start quitting playing mages because why you should have to spend hours and hours to master warlock just to see that good warrior but less skilled that you come and do +2k dps on parse, its just not fair. If you play a mage after you realize that your dps souls are crap compared to other top dps souls you are either a dumb or you like to be 4 or 5 dps that's why I quit raiding because with my skills I don't want to be 4 ,5 ,6 when I usually was 1 ,2 based in my skills NO THANKS TRION
    Last edited by elfaraon; 02-23-2014 at 03:53 PM.

Shield of Telara

I don't want any class be top dps or top healer I just want COMPETITIVE CLASS BASED ON SKILLS NOT GIFT BUFF

Quote Originally Posted by elfaraon View Post
    Just to see that good warrior but less skilled that you come and do +2k dps on parse
    Sorry, what?
    I understand we have less buttons to deal with than warlocks and the learning curve is substantially less significant (and no I am not anti-make-mages-better), but you do realize dummy parses have no relevance to a raid right?
    Most warriors in this game do not even bother to optimize their specs; the people that optimize them are the ones topping and destroying the charts and these individuals are not that common, trust me, I know.

Talk about your class, and talk about how you need buffs to stay competitive and/or QoL changes needed to make it more streamlined.
    Do not bang on other classes when you have no clue the amount of effort it takes to pull DPS using Paragon (9 - 11 button rotation, if you want to do your best), or Tempest (90% of the warriors in this game don't play Tempest right, cause all they see is ooo Wavelength).

==
    On the note of the topic here, reduce EA's CD for Harb; should bring it in line with DPS of other melee specs when there aren't any mobs to cleave or blademark.
    I'd copy Alacrity's style or WV's style (as we copied Phantom Blades )
    Last edited by Solaxys; 02-23-2014 at 04:07 PM.

Rift Disciple

I've been wondering, why all the warrior damage soul gifts get +2% and everybody else only gets 1% ..... something seems off

Shield of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Solaxys View Post
    Sorry, what?
    I understand we have less buttons to deal with than warlocks and the learning curve is substantially less significant (and no I am not anti-make-mages-better), but you do realize dummy parses have no relevance to a raid right?
    Most warriors in this game do not even bother to optimize their specs; the people that optimize them are the ones topping and destroying the charts and these individuals are not that common, trust me, I know.

Talk about your class, and talk about how you need buffs to stay competitive and/or QoL changes needed to make it more streamlined.
    Do not bang on other classes when you have no clue the amount of effort it takes to pull DPS using Paragon (9 - 11 button rotation, if you want to do your best), or Tempest (90% of the warriors in this game don't play Tempest right, cause all they see is ooo Wavelength).

==
    On the note of the topic here, reduce EA's CD for Harb; should bring it in line with DPS of other melee specs when there aren't any mobs to cleave or blademark.
    I'd copy Alacrity's style or WV's style (as we copied Phantom Blades )
    I think trion shouldn't buff all classes just because 1 class(warrior tempest) is broke . Just nerf tempest and we all be happy .

Shield of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by KaosAssendant View Post
    I've been wondering, why all the warrior damage soul gifts get +2% and everybody else only gets 1% ..... something seems off
    because dev only care about warrior

Rift Disciple

Seems more and more that way. I wonder if a Dev would care to comment on why there is such a glaring imbalance... especially with such an imbalance as far as DPS between the classes goes.

This is false- all warrior damage gifts give +1% per point.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ragerblade View Post
    Know your place and don't talk to me ok?
    Faeblight
    60 Cleric - 60 Mage - 60 Rogue

Ascendant

wow ok that's news to me. Do you even rift?

Ascendant

right, shows how much you really know about this game. Shame on dev's giving warriors double the talent gifts than all other callings right

Rift Disciple

Ok thats my bad its been awhile since ive looked at the warrior gifts.

Soulwalker

I think trion shouldn't buff all classes just because 1 class(warrior tempest) is broke . Just nerf tempest and we all be happy .
    no. the fact is , tempest do the type of damage that mages should do. if a full dps warior or rogue can off a mage in two secs at melee range. amage should be able to off a sword swinger in 2 secs from long range.

i do believe the devs like warriors and want them to be strongest. its sad.

but rogues are worse. theY are built around abusing the broken bleed mechanic. BROKEN as in BLEEDS ARE THE ONLY DOTS THAT CAN'T BE CLEANSED!!!!!!!!!! GEEZ WHY DOES IT SEEM LIKE I'M THE ONLY ONE WHO NOTICES THIS.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast