+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Mage gets no love.

Soulwalker

Rogues should be top dps, then mages (more nukes and utility), then warriors/clerics on the same level if they build dps.

Actually a warrior does what mages are supposed to do and mages got a melee class. Seems like a troll from devs

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Ashtargil View Post
    Rogues should be top dps, then mages (more nukes and utility), then warriors/clerics on the same level if they build dps.

Actually a warrior does what mages are supposed to do and mages got a melee class. Seems like a troll from devs
    Yea I totally dont understand why Rogues and mages arent the automatic top DPS in Azeroth. And I dont understand why there are plenty of aliens and constructs yet DEV troll us and didnt give us a playable class "Master Chief", and how players can create jump puzzles yet we cant roll a Mario.

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by WarUltima View Post
    Yea I totally dont understand why Rogues and mages arent the automatic top DPS in Azeroth. And I dont understand why there are plenty of aliens and constructs yet DEV troll us and didnt give us a playable class "Master Chief", and how players can create jump puzzles yet we cant roll a Mario.
    And this is why kids....you don't do drugs!

Default I do Love You (to original poster) :)

I have a mage (lvl 57) done the last 2 lvl's just making stuff for my Rogue & friends, I stopped playing the mage as it seems they are only 'useful' by being a healer in a dungeon or Raid as a HEALER. The point is any Mage has to abide by 1 build, as pointed out. Any Mage on their own, trying to lvl up is too slow & cumbersome!

Also, don't forget Mages can do more than just heal in any Dungeon/Raid/Group

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Chrisen View Post
    I have a mage (lvl 57) done the last 2 lvl's just making stuff for my Rogue & friends, I stopped playing the mage as it seems they are only 'useful' by being a healer in a dungeon or Raid as a HEALER. The point is any Mage has to abide by 1 build, as pointed out. Any Mage on their own, trying to lvl up is too slow & cumbersome!

You always run a Mage in raids as a Chloro because they can ST or AOE heal at will, do the most dps, have good spike ST/AOE heals, and provide a 10% DPS boost to the raid every 48 seconds.

Mages are also needed in raids because they have the Pyrocon/Harbcon Support build which provides massive raid wide DPS buffs and are able to do moderate to great DPS on their own.

You also want Mages in a raid because they can go Necro (30% link) while doing good ST DPS and great Spike AOE dps.

Finally you want Mages in the raid because of Warlock. Of the different classes the Warlock comes closest to matching the best ST DPS in the game (Warriors). Warlock's also bring great AOE DPS by spreading their dot's.

As you can see there are several reason's you want mages in a raid and it's not just for "healing". A solid raid will consist of 2 mages for healing, 1 mage for Warlock, 1 mage for Pyrocon/Harbcon, and 1 mage for DPS(necro, warlock, etc). In a 20 man raid that's 5 slot's or 1/4 the raid being filled optimal with Mages.

Quote Originally Posted by Mumnoch View Post

You also want Mages in a raid because they can go Necro (30% link) while doing good ST DPS and great Spike AOE dps.
    Annnnnnnnnd that's where I stopped reading.
    Those that can, do. Those that can't, write guides on the forums.
    Quote Originally Posted by TrionBrasse View Post
    In all seriousness, we don't expect everyone to still be playing SFP

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Boodie View Post
    Annnnnnnnnd that's where I stopped reading.

Wasn't directed to you /shrug

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Chrisen View Post

Harb/Chloro is by far one of the easiest if not the easiest soloing build of all the callings. They can destroy large groups of enemies with good dps and stay topped off. Also Chloro healing is a beautiful thing (just had to say that). And like other players mentioned they have a couple dps and support options. They are also pretty good in PVP with dom, pyro, and chloro.

Telaran

If you are having issues with your calling ask questions first then formulate an educated opinion after that. All the callings are capable of performing well and it might be that you are missing something as a player and someone might be able to help. Also mage dps is more complicated than other callings so perhaps it's a player skill issue and not a class issue. I know personally that I suck at mage dps but I recognize that as my own shortcoming and not the calling's fault.

Soulwalker

.. um, no mage love? You must be a noobies. You DO know that we're about to get a tank spec?! A Mage Tank? people been asking for it for a long time, thinking it was far fetched.. but now *gasp! its possible! All this QQ before changes
    Last edited by Peachesncrm; 03-26-2014 at 07:52 AM.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Peachesncrm View Post
    .. um, no mage love? You must be a noobies. You DO know that we're about to get a tank spec?! A Mage Tank? people been asking for it for a long time, thinking it was far fetched.. but now *gasp! its possible! All this QQ before changes
    That's not love. Fix the current souls first, then new soul later. Cool idea, but let's fix what we have first please before we throw another soul in that's going to horribly complicate even more balance issues, because fixing it later means dealing with it throwing the new soul out of whack.

Baseline is screwed up. Everything will be screwed up. Arbiter is good. Ok that's nice, that still doesn't fix the rest of us.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2