+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Class question for veterans

Soulwalker

Default Class question for veterans

If I wanted to play a class that was great at soloing and running expert dungeons (as heals and dps depending on mood) but never intended on raiding a single day - would you recommend mage or cleric? Keep in mind - no raiding. Most of my expert dungeon running will be healing. I enjoy achievement hunting and dailies, so needs to have a strong solo spec.

I have a feeling many of you are going to say cleric and that's fine since I already have a 50. I have been relearning the "new" game and have already got a new mage to 35. I'm sure both will get to 60 eventually. The mage has been a lot of fun running an elementalist build while leveling. I don't have access to harbinger/defiler, but I'm not opposed to spending some money and getting them.

Plane Touched

If you do not plan on raiding my suggestion would be to play a Mage.

Both clerics and mages can do great in terms of solo, open world content. However, Clerics have many healing options, where mages have many dps options. This may seem counter intuitive to what you desired, but most of those healing options are only useful in the raid setting. Mages and clerics both excel at tank healing, with one big difference, Mages bring living energy. That buff alone makes mages far superior to clerics in the five man setting.

NMT T1: Cleared
    NMT T2: 10/11 HK | 4/4 iGP HM

Soulwalker

Thank you very much. That was exactly the kind of advice I was seeking.

+ Reply to Thread