+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Rahak

Thread: Harbringer vs warlord/champion build.

Telaran

Default Harbringer vs warlord/champion build.

Both are kinda fun, but I want to pick one as my main farming/solo play class. Aka able to do heroic duo stuff the easiest, and just over all RAWR damage and able to live through stuff.

Thanks in advance.

every time someone types harbringer, akylios eats a corgi
    stormhak stormbar stormkvinde kagestorm stormelver

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Rahak View Post
    Perhaps they want to bring the... er... Har. :/

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Rahak View Post
    *Shrugs* mistakes happen. Not a big deal.

Telaran

You could have at least answer my damn question.

Champion of Telara TheDoomgiver's Avatar

roll a hardbringer.

it goes like this :

pew pew!! slash!! rip n tear!! RAWR!! pew pew!!

hardbringers are quite resilient, and can easily take on small groups of mobs, 2-4. if you think you'll have to deal with more mobs, roll a champion. else stick with hardbringer.

the reason is : 61 hardbringer is also a dps soul. some worrior solo builds are less than useless in competitive gameplay. however, 61 harb is one of the best dps souls.

Both do AoE farming great. I feel like WL/CH can do better though.

Soulwalker

WL/Champ or even 61 WL is 2x if not MORE efficient, faster, and just better at PVE AOE farming than harbinger. AOE Survivability?

WL/Champ > 61 WL > 54Harb/22Chloro>61Harb/8chloro/7ele.

AOE damage?

WL/Champ > 61 WL > 61Harb > chlorobinger (also the lowest ST damage to bosses in open world but you cant die unless u afk)

Reason harbinger falls behind for farming (aoe/survivability) is its cleaving is sub-par. I kill stuff alot faster with WL than harb but both are fun and have their "Perks". For example:

Phantom blades for Harb you can use 50% of the time. That is Exceptional utility if you can't be in melee damage and are farming Empyreal strongholds where you have to be constantly moving to avoid their stupid GT aoe's. Sure a tempest can be 100% ranged and have good survivability but you can only do ranged damage and you're stuck with that one playstyle. Harb has the option to do what the situtation calls for.

WL you gain additional damage mitigation (armor from soul gift, postures, and calls) and you kill stuff just as fast if not faster. If **** hits the fan, you have No Permission to Die and battle medic to catch up your heals from recovery posture. The only downside is your ranged damage is 0, or if you spec in tempest you sacrifice your aoe for ranged damage. you can't have both. This can make fights tricky if you have to kite or constantly move around for the reasons stated in the above paragraph. also, you will power starve on ST fights unless you spec 61WL/8rb?/7champ?

WL/Champ is basically AOE AOE AOE but my single target sucks and i power starve on prolonged fights that harbinger excels at by far.

end of wall of text

Champion of Telara TheDoomgiver's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Leeyoon View Post
    AOE Survivability?

WL/Champ > 61 WL > 54Harb/22Chloro > 61 champ > 61Harb/8chloro/7ele.

AOE damage?

61 champ > WL/Champ > 61 WL > 61Harb > chlorobinger (also the lowest ST damage to bosses in open world but you cant die unless u afk)

-polite snip-
    added 61 champ to the mix.
    if you are well geared (think expert/t1) you can go nuts and pull 10 mobs and just burn them down. just have chains of life handy.

Plane Touched

61 champ with WL subsoul for recovery posture/block is stupidly good at solo play. While I am vastly overgeared (T2 armor, T1 relic weapon) I can walk into the dendrome crater, pull 8-10 elites, and come out of the fight at 95% hp while still doing massive AE damage (40-60k or so, depending on how much I have to heal with chains). If I'm not doing AE farming, just ST stuff, I just go into my tempest or paralord specs and kill the mobs in 1-4s each, depending on crits.
    Last edited by Kedolan; 02-19-2014 at 04:36 PM.

+ Reply to Thread