+ Reply to Thread

Thread: The Combinations, Crazy ones?

Soulwalker

Default The Combinations, Crazy ones?

Okay, well, i'm new around here, i'll do my introduction post later. But am I the only one who'll be experimenting with crazy Soul/class combinations?

I'm really looking forward to the game for that alone, being able to combine them, although, playing singular classes should be fun as well. But, i'm sure i'll come up with at least a few working nutty combinations. What about you all?

I'm looking forward to playing with cleric classes, specifically I'd like to try (if my information is correct) Purifier (fire healer) with Warden (water healer) and BloodMage (blood healer) all of these classes appear to heal by dealing damage, however, everything is subject to change, so we'll see!

On one of the neverwinter nights pw's I made a ranger/monk/wizard (epic level - 5/11/24). 8 attacks/round with twin kama's plus some devastating damage shields.

Since we are restricted to one calling here, I can't be that crazy :P

I'm probably going to try chloromancer/stormcaller/archon, once I have those souls. Seriously though, it really depends on how readily available these souls will be. They won't be handed to us on a plate! I get the distinct impression the more exotic ones we will need to earn.

The more whacky builds will have to wait I'm guessing.

Quote Originally Posted by Apherdite View Post
    I'm looking forward to playing with cleric classes, specifically I'd like to try (if my information is correct) Purifier (fire healer) with Warden (water healer) and BloodMage (blood healer) all of these classes appear to heal by dealing damage, however, everything is subject to change, so we'll see!
    Blood mage? where id u get that? ( I LOVE BLOOD MAGES) sounds so nice and bad and evil and... bloody !

blood mage is a class in vanguard. Its like Chloromancer in Rift. They deal dmg to heal. Aggro monster.

Prophecy

Quote Originally Posted by Xavath View Post
    blood mage is a class in vanguard. Its like Chloromancer in Rift. They deal dmg to heal. Aggro monster.
    alright , sorry never played blood mage in vanguard ( or the game it self) BUt i really liked it in DA:O it wasn't shown as it should have been but they idea was great . Its equal trade in Nature U need to sacrifice something to gain something Some priests do it with mana, some priests do it with Blood

I'm thinking of going Assassin/Saboteur/ Marksman for a fun build, but I think that's the craziest I'm going

Here are a few interesting ones that I might look at:
    Ranger/Bard/Nightblade
    Druid/Inquisitor/Purifier
    Necromancer/<Chloromancer>/Storm Caller

I really favor going heavy-melee classes that have strong emphasis on debuffs and c/c. Not even damage so much, just a melee+control oriented class. Not too many games have incorporated melee + control into a single class very well that I know of, but RIFT will probably be able to pull it off considering how in depth it's class system looks to be going.

The combination isn't seen in many other games both because CC is usually a caster's job, and also because a class can't excel at melee and CC too much without being OP at 1v1 combat, so it's a tricky combo to implement successfully. That being said, RIFT's class system looks to be so huge and finely-detailed that I enthusiastically look forward to trying to find a way to make it work.

maybe im blind but where can i find talent builder

Heres a talent builder

www.riftrolebuilder.com

My main would be Ranger. Playing around with the Talent Builder for the rogue class I found the Assassins skills especially early on compliment the Rangers quite nicely . Will have to wait around until we see the other classes skills which might sway my vote.

Leaning toward Justicar / Sentinel / Shaman for my first toon. Then we will see what the fates bring.

Will surely be a Dwarf no matter the choices.

+ Reply to Thread