+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Valkorian

Thread: Almost ready to give WF away for good.

Default Almost ready to give WF away for good.

My main is lv 90 full set of gear. As I don't group to join WF my main is always put on the weaker team. GM told me a while ago it's all about evening teams which I understand.

Now that my PA is capped there is no point having my main do daily WF so I have be building my alt lv 82 up and found the same thing was happening. I asked GM about it and was told it would get looked at by dev's. I had about a week of joy and then it back to normal. No fun.

I'm about 1-7 to 1-10 win to loss and it's got to the point where my alt is almost ready to give up WF for good.

In my view premade's in CQ stuffed up CQ and having groups of lv 90 in WF has done the same in WF. Trion should look into this because if a player who has played almost everyday since beta who is a PvP player and doesn't want to PvP anymore is going to lose interest in Rift as I seem to be doing.

Anyone else have these win - loss odds I'm getting?
    Mickdayblind NA Defiant

Rift WF is such a joke I'm done with the crap. I did 8 randoms today and not one win. The teams are so one sided it's a joke.
    Trion doesn't seem interested in evening teams in WF by not allowing premade's. CQ is not as bad but is still unfair.
    So while these groups full of lv 90 keep getting wins all the people that join alone (all levels) keep getting their ***** kicked. No Fun being there to feed these premade's.
    Not happy trion.
    Mickdayblind NA Defiant

While I agree WF is slightly unfair, I am having a blast learning how to play.

When I started PvPing on my rogue I was wondering why i wasn't doing anything right. Now Im learning guerrilla warfare tactics.

Yes, Premades are bad, but you can always find a PvP guild, which is what I am trying to do at the moment.

The major problem I have is that my FPS drops to 3 when fighting 20v20. Oddly enough, i can do a 40m Sha of Anger raid with 40 Allies trying to kill us at 50fps on ultra.

Shield of Telara

totally agree trion , WF has become a premade party good players and regular players that queue along to WF have a minimum chance to win.

xxs
    Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by elfaraon View Post
    totally agree trion , WF has become a premade party good players and regular players that queue along to WF have a minimum chance to win.
    There is a very simple solution - introduce brackets and allow players to choose if they want to partake in a bracket ranked warfront. Pre-made groups should always be a bracket selection and should be subject to the average of the highest 2 players ranks.

That may increase queue lengths but joining losing warfonts is singnificantly worse than having longer queue time. I'd gladly have far less matches than just one-sided matches.

Rift Disciple

Trion should just eliminate pvp altogether. That is the best solution. That way everyone will be happy and they can just focus on pve, which is the more important aspect of the game anyway.

Shield of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Blarrg View Post
    Trion should just eliminate pvp altogether. That is the best solution. That way everyone will be happy and they can just focus on pve, which is the more important aspect of the game anyway.
    Seriously? Lol...

If you knew what a true MMORPG was, you wouldn't even say that. But hey, I guess you just enjoy being in brainless and easy mode Raids and Dungeons pressing your buttons in rotation, 1..2..3..4.. repeat, oh hey, we won! I am so good at this game.

Mindless progression to do boring gear progression is nothing compared to being in an adrenaline, action packed PROPER PvP environment that you actually have to think and use your brain.

Rift could be the best available MMO for PvPers if it actually listened to it's players and stepped up to the plate, instead, it decided to only cater to all the care bears who enjoy zombiefied PvE.

Thumbs up!
    Last edited by Valkorian; 02-16-2014 at 12:31 AM.

MNM
    Prophet of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Valkorian View Post
    Mindless progression to do boring gear progression is nothing compared to being in an adrenaline, action packed PROPER PvP environment that you actually have to think and use your brain.
    Yet you chose an MMO...

Shield of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by MNM View Post
    Yet you chose an MMO...

How about you learn what MMO is, especially an MMORPG before writing that comment.

Considering I was around when the first MMO went live, there is a big difference to what a lot of people consider an MMO and/or MMORPG is now days.

Hell, I was playing MUDs whilst a lot of you were in your daddy's nut sack.

+ Reply to Thread