+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By TheDoomgiver

Thread: Self heals query

Rift Disciple

Default Self heals query

Hello fellow forum goers.
    I have a question about self heals. More specifically a Champ/WL warrior vs a Harb/Chloro mage.

At level 60 only, no pvp or raids/dungeons. Strictly for world soloing/farming.

Which of these 2 builds has a bigger/better capacity to keep oneself alive when AoEing?

I cant speak for warriors, but a chloroharb is pretty insane survivability.

Harbinger in itself has alot of defensive stuff, Healing reflex, Insult to injury, Conditioned response, tons of CC,
    Empyrean ascension (20% less damage taken for 30 seconds), Essence of the wind (40% dodge for 10s) along with alot of other dodge ability/passives, Planar shield, stealth.
    Also remember mage PA get an additional stun.

Just keep in mind going far into chloro reduces your dps.
    I personally just use the standard 61 harb/8 chloro/7 ele, the survivability is still more than neccesary, though if you're lower geared i guess pick up bloom in chloro.
    Last edited by Wetigos; 02-03-2014 at 10:53 PM.

Champion of Telara TheDoomgiver's Avatar

go pure champ for max AOE, coz at high gear levels, chains of life spam >> any WL tomfoolery (except maybe no permission to die.)

i'd say roll a mage, as it has better AOE damage with lesser targets than champ (tho i'd like to see a harb try to even get close to a champ's AOE with 10+ targets)

Sword of Telara

i'd say roll a mage, as it has better AOE damage with lesser targets than champ (tho i'd like to see a harb try to even get close to a champ's AOE with 10+ targets)
    harb aoe is crap outside its burst every 2 min compared to a shaman, who does high aoe damage all the time. harb only shines against 2 mobs due to blademark every min.
    harb only hits 5 targets so cant compete against a 10 target hitter.

the full dps harb spec (61/8/7) is good against normal mobs but not good enough against a grp of elite mobs. against normal mobs a full dps shaman is much better and kills faster with its 2 shields.

when we talk about aoeing elite mobs you need a harb chloro variant that does alot less damage (no burst here). most ppl speaking about this variant when talking about the insane survivability. ofc you hardly can die but i wouldnt call it a fast killing spec.

Champion of Telara TheDoomgiver's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Xirxe View Post
    harb aoe is crap outside its burst every 2 min compared to a shaman, who does high aoe damage all the time. harb only shines against 2 mobs due to blademark every min.
    harb only hits 5 targets so cant compete against a 10 target hitter.

the full dps harb spec (61/8/7) is good against normal mobs but not good enough against a grp of elite mobs. against normal mobs a full dps shaman is much better and kills faster with its 2 shields.

when we talk about aoeing elite mobs you need a harb chloro variant that does alot less damage (no burst here). most ppl speaking about this variant when talking about the insane survivability. ofc you hardly can die but i wouldnt call it a fast killing spec.
    ?!?!?!

harb has lucent slash. shaman might have more AOE, but survivablity? about nil.

harb is ideal. in most cases, you WONT be fighting 10+ mobs, you will be fighting 2-4 mobs at most. or 1-2 elites.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Xirxe View Post
    shaman
    Already have a cleric, which is why I asked about those 2 specific build. But thanks to all for the input

Solo warrior VS Solo mage basically goes like this...

Warrior: Long to kill, no substain, health reset, low/fair single/double target damage, high AoE damage
    Mage: Squishy, very high substain, good single/double target damage, fair AoE damage

Warrior
    -Warladin for warrior can easily chain pull everything it wants with 2 health reset CDs.

-Champlord can wipe off the mobs faster then Warladin but cannot chain pull as much as Warladin due to only have 1 health reset CD.

Much better at soloing invasions, events, easier chronicles (bigger pulls)

Mage
    -Harbchloro is good against 1-5 mobs. Doesn't do well against burst but is at it's peak against substained damage taken.

Much better at soloing rifts, questing, carnages and harder chronicles (smaller pulls)
    Cheesecakesandwich - Mage 70 | Wrecking - Warrior 70
    Italiansausage - Cleric 70 | Snaplemouton - Rogue 67
    Primalsandwich - Primalist 70
    I'm a grand connoisseur of the most delicate dish known as the poutine.

+ Reply to Thread